The Awakening

The Awakening

A Chapter by Brandon Lee Cochran

Morning, the rays of light that came in from the cabins windows made my eyes sting. I blinked and covered them up, much better. I looked over at the chair next to the bed, Aaron was sound asleep a smile on his face. The way he was positioned I knew he fell asleep looking at Janie. He loves as much as I loved Angel.... Angel, I wish she were still here. Even though I ''released'' her yesterday her blood on my hands still feels worm. Madi was passed out on the floor with what appeared to be a bottle of whisky. I stood against the wall of the cabin thinking. I need to get more supplies so that we can set sail soon. Maybe in a few months if possible, hell, it might even take a year. I turned and started walking to the door of the cabin. ''Ehhhh....'' I stopped. That wasn't Madi, and that sure as hell wasn't Aaron. I turned slowly. Janie rubbed her eyes and slowly started to rise up. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked around the cabin as if it were foreign. Shock took her over at the sight of her three old friends. I could tell her instaint reaction to us practicly ''Oh s**t theres zombies here!''. She reached for a lamp that was next to her and she was getting ready to smash it against Aarons' head. ''Stop, Janie.'' She jumped when I spoke, startled she threw the lamp at me. I reached up and grabbed it before it hit my face. I set it down on a stool next to me. ''We're not zombies. So stop trying to attack us.'' She was about to go nuts again. I sighed. ''Fine, you want to play like that?'' I flew across the cabin and pinned her down to the bed. ''Stop, for f***s sake. We're your friends. It's me, Brandon. Madi and Aaron are with me too. Just calm down.'' She gave out a last struggle than stopped. "Thank you.'' I said sarcasticly. I stood, slapped Aaron on the back of the head and shook Madi awake.

 

Aaron jumped up and shouted ''Da f**k!? Who in hell just slapped me!?''

 

I looked at him and replied ''Me, dumbass. Shes regained conciousness. At least pay a little attention to her. She hasn't seen a living person in five years.'' Madi grunted on the floor and threw the bottle of whisky at me. I caught it the same as the lamp and set it down. ''You know, Madi. Your one pissy drunk. Your about as bad as Aaron after six beers.'' She rose slowly and looked at Janie and smiled at the sight of Aaron just holding her and and crying slightly.

 

''Janie! I thought I lost you!'' Aaron shouted. Janie's eyes were wide open as if trying to register everything but it was too much to handle.

 

I put my hand on Aaron's shoulder ''Shes in shock, bro. Back off a little. She only recently came out of a coma.'' He stopped smothering her in hugs and stood by me. ''You know, shes probrobly tramatised right now. Shes been through a lot. Five years on her own and defending off zombies has to be hard on her.'' I looked at Aaron. ''Did you check her for any bites or possible infection?''

 

He looked at me and nodded ''Yea, shes clean. No infection no bites, just that nasty cut on her side.''

 

I looked at the cut on her side. ''Yea, thats pretty nasty.'' Something in my mind was urging me to get closer to that open cut on her side. It was as if I was drawn to it by some force. I walked and sat down on the bed beside her. It was like I lost all control of my body and it had a mind of its own. My arm moved closer to the cut on her side. My arm started to glow a dark purple color mixed with crimson. I placed my hand on the far left side of the cut and she fell back on the bed screaming and stiff. The cut on her side started to close. The mucle that was deeply cut was being reconnected, her flesh started to close over the wound, and when it was compleatly covered it looked as if there was never a cut there to begin with. Her blood shot eyes had tears on the verge of falling. Her every cut and scar healed compleatly as if she was never touched. The bags under her eyes started to fade away. I let go of her side and she fell motionless. A few seconds after she awoke.

 

She started to speak ''Wha- what happend to me?....'' She looked at Aaron ''Aaron! Your alive! It was such a horrible dream!''

 

Aaron shook his head ''It was no dream. It was all real. The zombies, the death, all of it.''

 

Janie buried her head in Aarons' shoulder and began to cry. Aaron held her close, his head on hers. It reminded me too much of Angel and I couldn't take it much more. I stormed out of the cabin to the upper deck and looked out at the sea. She was awake, shes now with us. Now we must carry on. It's time we prepare to start our new home. A utopia from this hell. A true heaven on Earth after this devastation. We are alive. And now, we will go home....



© 2011 Brandon Lee Cochran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

..:'|

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

454 Views
1 Review
Added on October 15, 2011
Last Updated on October 15, 2011


Author

Brandon Lee Cochran
Brandon Lee Cochran

Terre Haute, IN



About
My name is Brandon Cochran, I'm a fictional writer. A lot of my writing contains vampires, demons, werewolves/lycans, or zombies. The characters in my book are based off of my friends and myself, with.. more..

Writing