Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Night Attack

Night Attack

A Chapter by Brandon Lee Cochran

Evelyn is now the second person that knew I was a vampire, most people wouldn't have handled the news so well like she did. After the Holloween party I walked her home, both of us still had a smile on our faces and I still felt the warmth of her lips on mine. While I was walking her home she asked me questions like ''Do you really drink blood?'' or ''Do crucifixes make you burst into flames?'' the typical questions you might recieve from a human who just kissed a vampire. I answered all of them honestly, yes I drink blood, no crucifixes or holy water do not make me burst into flames. She then asked me ''When were you turned?''. I stoped walking and so did she, she looked at me with curiosity in her eyes.

 

''I wasn't turned....'' I told her.

 

She cocked her head to the side ''I thought thats how you become a vampire?'' she said.

 

I nodded ''Thats how all vampires become what they are, they get turned. But I didn't, I was born this way. I'm the first vampire to be born and the first vampire to have a father that was human and a mother that was vampire.''

 

''So, doesn't that change the way you are though? Like, can't you walk in the sunlight and stuff like that?''

 

I shrugged my shoulders ''I don't know, I've never tried it. Its a big deal walking in sunlight for vampires, we might burst into flames. Thats why most of them wear sunblock to keep from burning.''. The rest of the way to her house was in silence. She asked no more questions and I provided no more answers.

 

Once we finally reached her house we stood on the deck looking at eachother. I held both of her hands in mine and just stared into her beautiful brown eyes the twilight of the stars reflecting off of them like water would reflect the night sky. I whispered in her ear good night and I kissed, once again feeling that surge of warmth through my body. When she went inside I started walking home.

 

The air of the night had a chill to it, nipping at my exposed flesh. I pulled my leather jacket closer to my body to keep out the chill. Aaron stayed at the party because his girlfriend, Janie, had showed up. In no more than a few more hours the sun would be rising and I didn't want to risk being outside when it came over the horizon. I was more than half way to the house when I felt something bite into my neck. I gasped and fell to the ground, the pain burning at my neck still. Something or someone had me by the arms so I couldn't struggle. I tried to wiggle free feeling helpless as whatever was attacking me was draining my blood from my neck. I stopped my struggling feeling weak now. The attacker stopped biting my neck and released me from its restraints. My face hit the ground, I felt numb, unable to move to see the attacker. Then boots clicked accross the side walk to enter my gaze. A man wearing black boot-cut jeans, black sleavless shirt, and a leather trunch coat was spitting blood into a vial.

 

"Who are you?...'' I said, my voice was raspy and weak like I was fighting a flue.

''Thats irrelavent at the moment.'' said the man, he had a soft tone with a mixture of seriousness in it. He couldn't be no more than in his mid 30s. ''You should be more worried about what awaits you in the future.'' He smiled showing blood covered fangs.

 

''Your a vampire?...'' I managed to say.

 

The man nodded ''Yes, I am. And there are a lot of us but none like you, Sanguis

Dominus.'' Sanguis Dominus? What is that and why did he call me it? I struggled trying to get up but I fell back down, flat on the ground. The man walked away sticking a cork in the vial and leaving me there. Then, the night went black.

 

When I woke up I was in my bed. I looked around, was last night a dream? Some nightmare that was extreamly creepy? Aaron was sitting at the foot of the bed stairing at me. ''Bro! Your awake!'' he jumped ontop of my giving me a hug.

 

''Ow, yeah but you don't have to strangle me with a hug because I am.'' I caughed.

 

He released me from his bear hug. ''Sorry, bro.''

 

"What happend?'' I asked feeling light headed.

 

"I don't know,'' he said ''When I was walking home from Janies house you were on the side walk with a puddle of blood beside you neck. So I brought you back home. I was worried sick, so I called Evelyn and told her I found you unconsious outside and she came down he even more worried than what I was.Shes down stairs right now. She wanted me to tell her when you woke back up.''

 

I took my hand and rubbed my neck. So, last night wasn't some terrible dream, it really happend. The attacking vampire, the bite, the vial of my blood, and those words, Sanguis Dominus left a feeling inside me feeling fear and darkness as if they were a shadow swalling my soul. I looked up at Aaron and nodded ''You can go tell her I'm awake now....'' He nodded then left my room and went down stairs. What ever this was, it was not your normal everyday being jumped kind of thing. This was something different, and it left a fear in my gut and a worry in my heart.



© 2011 Brandon Lee Cochran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice job dude! your getting better and better at writing these things! (books)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

493 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 5, 2011
Last Updated on November 5, 2011


Author

Brandon Lee Cochran
Brandon Lee Cochran

Terre Haute, IN



About
My name is Brandon Cochran, I'm a fictional writer. A lot of my writing contains vampires, demons, werewolves/lycans, or zombies. The characters in my book are based off of my friends and myself, with.. more..

Writing