An Explanation of the Past

An Explanation of the Past

A Chapter by Brandon Lee Cochran

        After I had a message sent out to call council with the others it was time for dinner. I quickly changed out of my armor and into some thing more appropriate for being in the warm, comfurtable comfinds of home, so I threw on a black silk dress shirt and a pair of black dress pants with my old black combat boots. I heard Angel shouting ''Alice! Quit trying to kill your brother with the butter knife!''

 

         ''He started it!'' Alice exclaimed in her defense.

 

         ''No I didn't!'' Alex yelled at his sister.

 

         ''Yes you did!''

 

         I walked into the kitching ''I don't care who started it, both of you appologize and we can start eating.'' I say trying to resolve the conflict.

 

         After they both appologized the servants started bringing in the food. They layed it on the hard, black, stone table. One servant girl was pouring our drinks. The children both got punch, Angel got some tea, and I had a wine glass of blood.

 

         Alex looked from my glass to his, clearly noticing that the liquid in mine was much darker and thicker than his punch. ''Dad, whats in your glass? I've been meaning to ask you, because every time you eat with us you drink the same thing. Over, and over, and over again.''

 

          I never told Alex or Alice what I drank or why I drank blood. I looked to Angel and she shrugged. I figured it was about time I told them. ''I'm drinking blood. Human blood to be more specific.'' answering his question I went back to my meal. But he wasn't finished asking questions yet.

 

          "Why do you drink blood?''

 

           I looked back up from my meal, set my silver wear down and looked at him. Our eyes meeting I could see the curiostity that lurked behind them in his brain. Trying to figure out his father. ''You know how in our kingdom we have zombies, werewolves, and vampires, right?'' He nodded. "They are all creatures of necromancy, the art of black sorcery or magic.'' Again he nodded, taking it all in. ''Well, remember when I told you stories of the Apocalypse? When that disease came around and turned a majority of humans into zombies, not all of them turned into zombies. Eventually the wildlife came into contact with the disease, but it only had an effect on certain animals. The wolves and the bats. This left those animals with a very strong craving for blood. When the wolves and bats attacked people and they survived they didn't turn into zombies, contracting the disease from them. Instead they got a mutated strain of the disease. The people bitten by the infected wolves turned into what we call a lycanthrope, or werewolf. And those bitten by the infected bats turned into-''

 

          ''Vampires.'' Alex finished with amazement.

 

          I nodded. ''Your uncle Aaron and your aunt Janie and Madi along with your mother and I came into contact with the disease also. When we came into contact with it though it didn't turn us into vampire, werewolves, or zombies. Instead it changed us. We can't die, and we gained powers. Your uncle Aaron's powers give him the abillity to control fire, lave, magma, and earth. Your aunt Madi's powers give her the abillity to control the psyche. She can bend, move, explode, push, pull, and tear apart objects with her mind. Your aunt Janie and your mother don't have powers though. They weren't mutated by the disease, it didn't affect them at all. But I gave them immortallity, eternal life. I can do that because I am zombie, vampire, and werewolf combined into one. I can control the dead and the werewolves. I can bring the dead back to life, I can control the dark powers, and do a lot of other things. You two,'' I looked at both Alex and Alice ''have inherited powers and made some of your own. But we don't exactly know what they can do. Thats why we have the two of you training.''

 

           Alex and Alice both looked at eachother wish excitement written all over their faces. I chuckled ''Now eat little ones. So you can grow strong and into your powers.''

 

           After dinner I sent the children to bed and the servents came and cleared away the table. I looked at Angel and smiled.

 

           She saw me looking at her and started laughing ''What is it?''

 

           "Nothing,'' I said with a grin ''Just haven't seen you in three days and I missed your beauty.''

 

            She got up from her chair and slowly walked toward me. She was wearing a black, silk, strapless dress that had crimson embroidery. The dress showed her magnificent curves with eligantcy. The dress stoped right at her kness showing off her black, laced boots that met the dress at the knee. Her charcole hair was pulled back into a pony tail that laid across one shoulder. Across her neck a silky lace choker that ended in ruffles was eligantly sitting. When she got to my chair she sat ontop of my lap facing me, putting both of her legs on either side of the chair. I looked up at her beautiful pale face, her black eyeliner and eye shadow made her blue eyes shine bright and radiant. She put her finger under my chin to lift my head up to meet hers. Our lips pressed together. Then I slowly began to unlace her dress.



© 2012 Brandon Lee Cochran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

586 Views
Added on June 8, 2012
Last Updated on June 8, 2012


Author

Brandon Lee Cochran
Brandon Lee Cochran

Terre Haute, IN



About
My name is Brandon Cochran, I'm a fictional writer. A lot of my writing contains vampires, demons, werewolves/lycans, or zombies. The characters in my book are based off of my friends and myself, with.. more..

Writing