A Debate of Return

A Debate of Return

A Chapter by Brandon Lee Cochran

           I woke up with Angel laying next to me in our bed. Her warm naked body gently pressed against mine. I kissed her on her forehead and got up throwing a bathrobe on to cover my nudity. I walked over to the window in our room. Our room was at the top of the Tower. It was one of the largest rooms in the Tower. Out of the window I could see the city. It seemed to stretch on and on for miles. Actually, it does. It's much larger than the Haven on the other side of the Abyss, about three times as large as the city of the living.

 

           Looking out across the city I could see the people about. On one street a couple of werewolves pups and vampire fledgelings were playing tag. At one house a zombie was playing with her young child. I can't see why the living look down on them, they are no different than they were. At one point in time they were exactly like them. I shook my head. Humans these days. I felt guilty about killing those zombies so long ago. Knowing that even though they were the dead that came back to life, not in their right state of mind, they still cared about their previous life in some way. Now, as their leader, I helped them regain a concious state of mind. They can talk, walk and run like they used to when they were alive, and they can even think smarter than they could before. I suppose in the end, death wasn't as bad as you may think it will be.

 

           The door flew open and Alex and Alice tackled me down to the floor yet again. ''Good morning father!'' they shouted in unision at me with glee.

 

            ''Good morning my beautiful bags of flesh and bones!'' I picked them up and spun them in my arms around the room. They giggled and laughed as I did so.

 

             Angel peaked her head about the covers smiling. Her hair was in a slight mess from last night. She wrapped the silk sheets around her and sat up. I sat Alex and Alice down, they were too dizzy to stand so they just fell over on each other. I chuckled at the two of them. ''You two should go get dressed in the new battle gear I had made up for you.'' I said grinning.

 

             "Why?'' Alice asked curiously.

 

             "Are we going to be training some more?'' Alex tilted his head to the side.

 

             ''No, no, no. Not at all. Actually, your mother and I have decided to take you along with us to the Great Hall.'' I explained.

 

             The two of them looked at each other and looks of excitement blossomed on their faces.

 

             Angel chimed in ''You heard your father, go get ready or we're going to be late!'' They bolted out of our room to rush to theirs to go get ready. I chuckled once more. I shut the door behind them and angel got up out of bed, still keeping the silky sheets clutched to her body. I walked over to her and pushed her hair behind her ear and kissed her on her lips gently.

 

            ''We should probably get ready ourselves.'' half a smile was curling on my lips.

                ''I think we have an hour to spare.'' she winked at me letting the silk sheets fall at her ankles.

 

            I swept her up off her feet and started walking to the bathroom, kissing down her body as I walked into the shower with her.

 

 

            After our ''shower'' we began to get ready. Angel was putting on her battle battle armor which, like everything else, made her look beautiful. Strapping on my breastplate piece Alex ran in ''I'm ready dad!'' I laughed. He had his chest piece on backward.

 

             ''Go have one of the servents help you with your armor. When we come back I'll have to have someone teach you how to properly put on armor.'' He looked down and then struck his head to palm and ran back downstairs. I laughed once more.

 

             Once we were ready to go I threw on my cloak, it covered my shoulder pads so that the emblem would show clearly and neatly. Alex had the same cloak on. He wore his sized down sword too. Alice wore similar armor to her mothers. We walked on towards the Great Hall.

 

             As soon as we stepped foot into the corridor Alex and Alice seemed amazed. Their eyes taking in every detail. I looked down at them ''You know, don't feast your eyes on too much in here. We haven't even stepped into the Great Hall yet.'' Their mouths dropped and I let out a light chuckle.

 

            The doors swung open and, almost as if on cue, Aaron, Janie, and Madi walked into the Hall. We took our seats. I sat on my throne, Alex sat next to mine in a smaller throne with much less detail than mine. Alice sat next to her mother which sat next to mine. On the side closest to the Haven, Madi sat on the throne to the far right. He throne was made out of silver that was jewl encrested with amethyst. Next to Madi was an empty throne which was to be where Losier was sitting. It was plain, grey, smothe stone. Next to Losier's throne was Aaron. His throne was made out of smothe solidified magma rock. It still shone red throgh the cracks of the dark brown stone as if it were still ablaze. Next to Aaron sat the last throne, Janie's. Her throne was simple but yet still eligant. It was made out of white marble with lapris lazuli creating a dove, the symbol of love and peace.

 

             For the first few minutes it was quite. We all seemed to sit in our thrones stairing at the hearth that sat in the middle of the room. Than Madi spoke ''You killed my husband.''

 

            Aaron turned to her ''To be fair he deserved it. He did eat my ca-''

 

            "Shut up!'' Madi snapped at him.

 

            "Enough. Lets try not to make this a blood bath.'' I spoke calmly "I can bring Losier back again. Though it won't be simple, and it will have a change in the Accords.'' The Accords were the law. Each time we meet here it was to discuss what would happen to the Accords or how they could be changed.

 

            "I don't care how you do it, just do it!'' Madi shouted accross the room. The anger that was in her eyes made the hearth seem like a pile of cooling coals and the heat and flame came from her raging eyes.

 

            "If I were to bring Losier back again I'd need to enter the Underworld.'' I said calmly to Madi.

 

            Everyone sat in silence again. Even I have not entered my own realm, it never occured to me that I should ever have to journey there.

 

            ''Then we must do it.'' It was Janie who spoke breaking the silence. Which surprised me, usually she always sits quitely and doesn't say much of a word. ''Madi is pregnant with three chidlren, and those children need a father.''

 

            ''Journeying to the Underworld to retreive Losier isn't the only thing. When I bring him back he won't be human.'' I tried explaining.

 

            Aaron spoke ''So he'll be immortal like the rest of us. Sounds good. Now where's my sand-''

 

            I cut him off ''No, when I bring him back he'll be a vampire. This is why it will affect the Accords. The Accords don't exactly say that we can't bring someone back from the dead it's more that we can't turn them into people of the Necroplis.''

 

            ''Well s**t.'' Aaron spat.

 

            Trying to resolve the problem ''If I bring him back he'll be one of the people of the Necropolis. We can't let him go to the Haven without breaking the Accords. That is unless...''

 

            "Unless what?'' Madi seemed worried now.

 

            ''Unless we change the Accords and allow both people of the Haven and the people of Necropolis to walk freely amoung both cities.'' I said with less hope in my voice than there should have been.

 

            ''Then we must do it.'' Janie said nodding her head.

 

            ''I agree with Janie.'' Madi said firmly.

 

            I could see the disagreement tearing at Aaron's face ''You must be kidding me? If we allow our people to mingle with one another it will cause problems! There are already people in the Haven that don't like the idea of those things hanging out just across the abyss!''

 

            ''They are not things Aaron. They are no differnet than us. They have children and families just like your people. Maybe it's about time we gave them equallity. If your people don't like the idea of mingling with the people of Necropolis than they can stay in their homes.'' I said very sternly with a tension in my voice.

 

             Aaron leaned back in his chair ''Very well, change the accords. But don't say I didn't warn you though. This will cause chaos eventually.''

 

             I nodded ''Lets meet back here at midnight. Thats when it'll be best to bring him back. He'll stay in Necropolis for a little while till he regains his strength. Then we can sign the accords and be done with it.''

 

             We all nodded and got up from our thrones and headed back to our homes.



© 2012 Brandon Lee Cochran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
Added on June 11, 2012
Last Updated on June 11, 2012


Author

Brandon Lee Cochran
Brandon Lee Cochran

Terre Haute, IN



About
My name is Brandon Cochran, I'm a fictional writer. A lot of my writing contains vampires, demons, werewolves/lycans, or zombies. The characters in my book are based off of my friends and myself, with.. more..

Writing