Deviations

Deviations

A Chapter by Brandon Lee Cochran

      There was not actual way to tell if it was day or night in the Underworld since there was no sun, no sky but luckly there was an old cathedral in the Undercity that had a clock tower. That was the most acurate way to tell time. I woke just before 8 and the clock struck the hour. The Undercite was already buzzing with commotion. Clearly the news had gotten out that I was here. All the common folk seemed interested in meeting their ruler.

 

       A knock on my chamber door grabed my attention from the window. ''Come in.'' I said a little dreary. The door sung open and Elizabeth walked in very silently as if in fear she may have upset me from waking me up.

 

       ''I'm sorry if I disturbed your rest.'' She said lightly.

 

       ''It's fine,'' I said smirking ''I was awake anyway. What news do you bring me?'' I asked wondering why exactly she had come.

 

       ''Losier is awake, you asked for me to come get you once he awoke.''

 

       ''That I did. Give me a moment to get suited, the others are expecting me to return as soon as I got him. I do not wish to keep them waiting. Besides, I told my children I'd teach them a few tricks at sword play.'' and at that she left.

 

 

 

       

 

 

        Elizabeth was waiting for me just outside my chambers. She escorted me to the chamber they locked Losier in. When we finally reached six guards were at the door with a Reaper. I looked over to Elizabeth ''Is this much security necissary?''

 

        She turned to me ''We didn't want him to escape and we feared he'd over react. You know how fledglings can be.'' she shrugged.

 

        When they opened the doors the room was extremely dark, the only light in the room was comming from the hallway. The room was silent and I could see nothing.

 

        ''Why... why did you do this to me....'' The voice sounded raspy, like someone with a soar throat or a dry mouth.

 

        ''It was the only way we could bring you back. Don't feel ashamed, show yourself. You're one of the children of the night now.'' I said with grin.

 

        Stepping out of the darkness was a humbled shape. Once it got direct light from the doorway I could see that the body was already molded to Losiers aura. On his neck were two teeth marks where my fangs punctured the skin. ''You... you turned me into a monster. I don't want to feed on blood! I want to enjoy a nice pizza, maybe some garlic bread but now I can't have any of that!'' Tears were boiling up in his eyes.

 

         "A monster?'' I chuckled ''Vampires are not monsters, Losier. They are no different than humans. They have the same emotions and feelings as everyone else. The only differnce is they feed on blood and dislike the sunlight. You can't exactly call them monsters because of that can we?''

 

         He glared at me, a couple of tears running down his cheek. ''I'll kill you for this.'' he lunged at me, quick but not quick enough. I raised my and with little effert and slapped him against a wall. He hit with a hard thud and fell to the ground. He was gasping.

 

          ''Quit breathing, you're a vampire now. You have no heart beat, you never get cold, and you don't breathe. As of now your breathing is an involentary reflex. It isn't needed.'' I turned my head to the gaurds behind me. ''Get him, it's time I head back.'' As I walked away I heard no struggle as the gaurds dragged Losier and followed me back to the throne room.

 

          ''I don't want him to remember any of this. If he says our plans to anyone we are all dead. I'm going to erase his memory from the past 42 hours.'' Elizabeth was holding Losier up now, the gaurds left us with him just as I'd asked. I put my index finger and my thumb on his temple, I saw into his mind all of his memories. From the time he was about two years old till now. I saw all of the moments he wouldn't have wanted anyone else to see or know. A few of the memories disturbed. One was with a dog and a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I shivered at what he was making the dog do. Another was him and Madi making love, I felt sorry for the poor guy, being restrained to a bed by handcuffs. Kinky, but it wouldn't be a particular fetish I'd like.

 

           Finally I found the memory from his arrival here to this very moment. I imagined clamping those memories down and removing them. As I pulled my thumb and index finger away from his temply blue glowing things that looked like strands of uncut confettie were between my fingers. I clenched my hand into a fist pulvering them. Now he'll have no memory of any of this.

 

           I snapped my fingers together and a void appeared in the center of the room, a cloud of dark purple and black haze in the form of a door, A quick portal to the Hall. I picked up Losier and threw him over my shoulder, we had him sadated so he wouldn't cause any trouble. I put my hand in the side of my cape where a poket was cealed, out of it I pulled a letter that was closed by a wax seal. ''Instructions for the next step of our plans.''

 

           Elizabeth gently took them out of my hand. ''I'll follow every word as instructed.''

 

           I nodded and walked to the Portal I stopped just infront of it, with out turning I said ''Oh, and one more thing. Put the dragon eggs in the Inferno so that we can give our friends a little surprise.'' I walked into the Portal and chuckled as it closed behind me.



© 2012 Brandon Lee Cochran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hnn. You've gotten so much better.

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
1 Review
Added on June 30, 2012
Last Updated on June 30, 2012


Author

Brandon Lee Cochran
Brandon Lee Cochran

Terre Haute, IN



About
My name is Brandon Cochran, I'm a fictional writer. A lot of my writing contains vampires, demons, werewolves/lycans, or zombies. The characters in my book are based off of my friends and myself, with.. more..

Writing