Holding onto forever.

Holding onto forever.

A Screenplay by BrandonDawson
"

A monologue written for another student who acted it out for her final examination.

"
Holding Onto Forever

It’s been a month since I last spoke to you. A month since I last heard your voice. A month since everything changed. I didn't expect you to understand, because let’s face it nobody does, I just didn't expect it to vanish so quickly, for you to just disappear.
I didn't know you for long, but when I met you I had the feeling of forever. Forever in a sense that no matter what happened I would always have you by my side. But maybe forever came too quickly for us.
For some reason you were my person, and I guess I put way too much pressure on you so that it could all be perfect and I ended up forgetting that the real things in life are the things that are unplanned, not perfect and will last for a lifetime. You’re not perfect, granted nobody is, but you were also unplanned because nobody would have pictured you and I as friends, so I guess that means that you’re also going to last a lifetime, right?
It is safe to say that you were and still are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, I wish I could tell you that but it seems as though you have blocked out every word I say, not that I can blame you.
I know I ruined it, I know you didn’t know how to handle my problems and my constant need for a companion and I wish that I could take it back but like a lot of other things I just can’t. I can’t take back the words that were said, the memories that we had and the tears that we shed. All I can hope is that you’ll realise someday that I wasn’t all that bad, and that you will only remember the good times we had and that the bad times just made us stronger and that maybe our forever will still come again someday.
But then again, it’s probably too late. You’ve moved on and it’s something that overtime I will have to get used too.
It’s been a month, since I last heard your voice; since I last saw you smile, it’s been a month since you’ve been gone, since everything has changed. You’ve left us, and you’ve left me. But I’m still holding on to that forever, like you promised because you said you never break your promises. But I know now and I have realised that you’re never really going to come back to me, because I just read your eulogy.

© 2014 BrandonDawson


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on March 2, 2014
Last Updated on March 2, 2014
Tags: girl, boy, Monologue, Brandon Dawson, forever, drama, intense, climax

Author

BrandonDawson
BrandonDawson

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa



About
A student currently studying, Journalism at Rhodes University in South Africa. Keen writer of stories, short stories, plays and informative journals, etc. Trying to get experience in the field of wr.. more..

Writing
The box. The box.

A Story by BrandonDawson