*Undetermined* (Continued)

*Undetermined* (Continued)

A Story by Brandrosky
"

A continuation to the adventure of young Melion.

"

With wide eyes, he approached the grizzly scene. His eyes began to burn and tear up. Unsure of whether his tears were from the smoke or emotion, he approached the once beautiful hut. What was his home, was now nothing more than a smoldering shadow of its former self. Melion entered through the charred doorway and began carefully searching the house. Whoever did this could be nearby and he would not be caught off guard. The main floor was empty. Nothing but burnt furniture and piles of books mixed with embers polluted the rooms. While descending the stairs to the basement, he heard a scurry from below.


Drawing his blade, he continued silently down the steps. There appeared to be nobody present, but something was wrong. The escape hatch leading to the tunnels had been left open. He climbed down into the tunnel and began walking when he heard footsteps. They sounded to be coming from behind him. "How the hell?", he thought, turning around. Suddenly, the hatch slammed shut and locked. He ran back and began pushing with all of his might to no avail. Then, a voice came. "The others have already escaped and you'll not take me!", the man shouted. Melion was sure that he had heard the voice before and called out. "Who are you? What have you done to my people?" The man replied back, "Melion?", as the hatch swung open.


He climbed out to see a sentry standing before him and stowed his blade. "Drytmann.", sighed Melion. "It's good to see a friendly face. What has happened here? Who did this?" Drytmann replied, "It was the Baron's men. They somehow learned of our mission and attacked shortly after you set out. The other have all escaped and I have stayed to wait for you. The elder is in the shrine to the east and whished to meet with you immediately."


"Understood. I am glad to hear that the others are safe. You should leave too. There is nothing left for us here. I will set out immediately for the shrine." Melion replied. Walking back up the stairs, Melion began to plan out his next move. He left the building and stepped into the woods, heading east. He traveled as far as he could until night set in. He had only a few hours left before approaching the shrine, but decided it was best not to travel through the darkness. He built a fire and rolled out a thin mat to protect separate himself from the cold ground. Laying his head down, he closed his eyes and began to drift off to sleep.

© 2016 Brandrosky


Author's Note

Brandrosky
It's been awhile, but I wanted to come back and add a bit more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad, the prose are lean and to the point while still having enough bite to leave an image in your head.
nothing felt out of place and each paragrah flowed into the next.
I cant reallu comment futher as I short of jumped in at the center but so far seems like a good piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Added on October 29, 2016
Last Updated on October 29, 2016