Heart Beat

Heart Beat

A Chapter by BreannaB
"

Too much..

"
It all happened to fast. My books went flying, each one going in different directions. Rough hands pushed me, I slammed into one of the lockers, a handle jammed into my back. I groan in pain, my breath soon cut short. I slid down the locker, trying to breath. The same hands grabed my hair and yanks me up. I would scream, but I had no air in me, no fight in me. He bangs my head against the lockers, I counted each one. One, two, three. I was turned around, a fist connected with my face. I heard a crack and I knew he broke something, most likely my nose. I gasp for air and I could taste it. The blood. He had me by my shirt, ripped and shredded, and shakes me. He stopped and pulled me close. 

"I told you.. I told you I would." A angry voice  hissed in my ear. He shook me. A roar of anger echos through the hall. Shivers went down my spine and he shoves me to the floor, I land with a, oomph. That earned a round of applause from a watchful group. I opened my eyes and I couldn't see straight. A crowd had built around us like a stone wall. Cold and hard. Their cheers rang through my ears. I felt a blow to my stomach. Each one more painful than the one before. I had no power in me to fight back, to move..to scream. 

It's been worse. I've went home with a busted head, my eyes swollen shut. I wanted to yell out why. But he knew what he was doing. He was always a crowd pleaser. I used to think this would all blow over two years ago. I used to tell my old friends, "Oh, he's just having his fun. It'll stop. Let him have his fun, he'll get bored." Boy, was I wrong. Over the years, name calling became worse. Then, name calling became physical. I was pushed into lockers. Punched, kicked, spit on. I never went home without being hurt, mentally, emotionally, or physically, and if I got lucky, I would leave school with a few bruises and maybe just my self confidence crushed.

The shouts of the crowd faded. I felt a pang in my chest. I counted each blow into unconsciousness. One..I couldn't see anything but a blur. Two..the shouts of the crowd faded into the background. Three..I could feel my heart beat jammed in my throat. Four..the lights grew dim. Five..I felt myself slowly drift from reality..into darkness.

~~~~~~

I open my eyes to a dim lit room. I had to squint. I felt on my face for my glasses, and found none. I couldn't see. But the smell of chlorine burned my nose and I had a dizzying headache. I stood up and looked around, I may not have been able to see well, but well enough to know I was in the janitors closet. I sigh and start to cry. Tears streamed down my face, it made the trob in my temple worse. But it had become unstoppable. I held my chest, it hurt so much I couldn't breath right, my breaths came off in little gasps. I heaved quietly. I doubled over, I had the urge to puke, bile rising in my throat. I swallowed it and wished I hadn't. It burned my throat going back down. I felt so sick..so tired.

In the dazing dark, I felt for a light switch. I led my hands around the walls. I found it and turned it on. Not that it helped any. It just made it less dark. I looked around for a mirror, or anything that gave off reflection. I felt a sharp object run under my fingers. I pick it up  and realize it was a piece of broken glass. I hold it up to my face and look. And even under the now dim darkness, I could still see the thing stare back. It didn't look like me, but yet again, it did in a way. This is the way I always looked it seemed like. But I would never recognize myself. It looked hideous. The thing had puffy red, small, eyes.They had already started to form bruises. The thing had a busted eyebrow and had dried blood flaking from the side of it's head. It had blood draining from its crooked nose. It raised a hand to touch it tenderly, it was sore and painful. I let the mirror travel down to its lips, swollen, busted. 

I couldn't look anymore. I turn my head away from the horrible creature and laid down the glass and felt hot tears roll, stinging. I felt so hollow, empty. Brokenhearted. I opened the door slowly, and peeked out through a crack, the bright lights killed my eyes. I blinked a few times, trying have my eyes adjust. I saw a misshapen figure. It was small and shone in the harsh light. I slowly make my way over to it and saw it was my glasses. Crushed, completely broken.  I pick it up and ran my thumb over it.

I try to put my shoulder against a locker, putting all my weight onto it. I slowly slide up the bright yellow, dented locker, and pushed myself up. I held back a scream and grit my teeth. I close my eyes and squeeze. I groan in pain. My chest hurt so bad, it felt like someone had scratched my heart and deflated lungs up. I felt more tears slip and my heart drop to my feet. I hobble to the bathroom. I come in and lean against the wall, sliding myself to one of the sinks. The mirror was half broken, but I could see the creature better. And it was worse than I thought.

My shirt was ripped and it showed dark bruises forming at my ribs. I had a cut from my eyebrow to my cheek. I touched it gently, and winced. I could remember the taunts, the shouts and laughter coming from each of my tormentors.

"You ugly b***h. Your worthless, and stupid. No one likes you, not even your own mother. She probably killed herself just to get away from YOU."

"Stupid piece of s**t, your not worth the ground you walk on."

"-ugly."

"-stupid."

"-worthless."

"-nothing."

"-w***e."


        Each insult hurt more and more. Some days I just couldn't stand it. The creature in my reflection was ugly. Disfigured. Sometimes I couldn't recognize who I was. I couldn't look at it anymore. I walked/wobbled out the door all the way out the door again and to my beat up purple Chevy. It had dents everywhere from 'his' last 'harmless prank.'  
The demon I deal with, his name is Lucas. But everyone calls him Luke.

I never could grasp why he picked me. I already had enough.. My dad was a drug dealer. He sold crack at the curb and corner of Center St. downtown. But that was after my mother had killed herself. I remembered how her lifeless body hug from the ceiling.. Her purple discoloured face..her bulging eyes. I have her eyes.. The chair knocked over.. It can really scar a child.. After that..dad went insane. He would leave in the morning, and wouldn't come home until up in the evenings, and sometimes the next morning.

I cranked the engine and left the parking lot. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.


© 2014 BreannaB


Author's Note

BreannaB
I tried! The next chapter should be up in a moment. Bye lovelies!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on February 10, 2014
Last Updated on February 10, 2014
Tags: bruises, hurt, broken, glasses, creature, love, chlorine, cinderella


Author

BreannaB
BreannaB

Kingsport, TN



About
Hiiii! My names Breanna! I love to write, and hopefully get published one day. I'm still trying timprove my writing skills so if there are any errors please notify me(: I have one story on here and I .. more..

Writing