Joh Bronze

Joh Bronze

A Story by Lino Rie
"

Just a story I had to write for English Comp.

"

Joh Bronze

After working ten long hours at the factory, Joh pulls into his gravel driveway. The scenery gets to him every time he drives in: his house, built by him and his father ten years ago, in all its glory with its blue walls and midnight blue shingled roof, his wife’s small garden with its marigolds surrounding the blooming moss roses in front of the deck he and his brother built that summer, the lake’s calm waters reflecting the last rays of the sun, that won’t be up till tomorrow, the tire swing, he made for his daughter, swaying ever so slightly from the gentle breeze. He finally gets out of his car and stretches to release the stress of work behind to make room for the sorrows to come. 

He realizes that his wife, Tammy, is sitting on the porch swing. She looks at him with her hazel eyes, that always melt his heart, and stands up so she can give him a loving hug and kiss. They enter the house of blue and separate in the kitchen. He wishes that he had enough energy to help his wife with dinner. Making his way up the stairs, he starts to look at all the pictures of his family.  Pictures that brought back so many of his happy memories. Like the day he got married, the day he and his father finished his house, the day his daughter, Britney, was born, the day the got Britney a puppy, and a day when his family went on a picnic. The only thing is that each or the happy memories made him think of a sad one. Like the day after their house was done his dad died, four months after they got their daughter a dog it got sick and died, and the day after the picnic Britney got terribly sick. 

The memories didn’t stop him though. All they did was maybe make his eyes water, but he just whips them away and continues up the stairs.  He peaks into his eight year old daughter’s room to see if she’s awake only to find her sleeping. His wife walks up behind him and rubs his shoulders saying,” Isn’t she beautiful?” He grabs one of her hands gently and whispers,” She’s as beautiful as the lake and as brittle as its surface.”

He walks into the room and pulls the chair from her desk up to the side of her bed hopping to see her open her blue-green eyes. She was the real reason he continued to work so hard and long. He needed to find a way to pay for a hospital and get his little girl up and running again. He wants to see her swinging on that tire swing. He wants to see her helping her mother with the garden. He wants to see her swimming in the lake. He wants to see her waiting on the end of the driveway. He wants to hear her beautiful voice say,” Let’s play daddy.” He wants to have her in his arms again and to be able to see her smile. 

He sits, hopes and waits to see her wake till he too falls asleep and dreams of her.

© 2013 Lino Rie


Author's Note

Lino Rie
Please comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is sweet. Do you plan on adding to it?

Posted 6 Years Ago


I love it nice write

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

Thanks.
babygirl

11 Years Ago

Your welcome
I liked the emotion you put in the story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

thank you.^-^
NICE WORK!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
A very wonderful story, told well, and written with skill ! I like your writing style, and being able to describe routine things in a beautiful way.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

Thank you.^-^
Wow...I love it. You did a great job with the word flow and the use of emotion.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

Thank you. glad someone liked it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

418 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2013
Last Updated on February 13, 2013

Author

Lino Rie
Lino Rie

Williams, MN



About
I'm a girl who has little confidence and almost no talent. I'm 19 and have long blonde hair and blue eyes. My fears include: spiders, needles, not doing things right, disappointing others, and be.. more..

Writing
I am... I am...

A Poem by Lino Rie