Little things make a Huge difference

Little things make a Huge difference

A Story by Anynomus
"

I wrote this in the 4th grade about 3 years ago. Excuse the cheesy ness! lol

"

As I lay crying on the hospital bed, thirteen years old and already jumping over life's traumatic hurdles, I thought of all the things i would never see agian. I couldn't believe what had happened to me earlier that day. It was Christmas Eve. I had been sledding and a car that had been operated by a drunk driver had hit the sled, causing me to strike a tree. I awoke with fear as if i could never escape, abandoned in a dark tunnel of despair. I was blind and now all that i had looked forward to seeing would never come back to me. The doctors seemed to think that someday ai would recover some of my eyesight, but for now i was completly and totally blind and very nervous about where this uncertian, dark path would take me.

Fortunately, Mom and Dad decided to give me my Christmas present early that year. To my suprise, it was a tiny ball of fur that felt as soft as snow. My parents told me that it was a Yorkie, the very puppy i had always wanted since I was five. I named her Bo, short for Bonita. Since i read a book about a brave heroine named Bonita, I throught that this name would suit my new little friend perfectly. Little did i know that the destiny of her name would make more sense than i knew.

Bo put her dainty paws on the tears that trickled down my damp face. I may have not been able to see her, but i knew that she would be my friend for life. Our relationship was stronger that a nautical knot; the kind that never looses its firm, unyeilding grip.

 One day, when we were walking home from school, I heard the rumble of an automobile engine as it approched Bo and me from behind. Suddenly, the racket from the engine stopped and the sound of and automatic window rolling down rang through my ears like an angry hornet. It was then that i felt a grimy hand grab my wrist and try to pull me through the car window!  I heard Bo's constant barking coming from the inside of the car. "OH NO!  he he has Bo too," i thought. " How do i escape?" No one can even imagine the fear that raced through my veins as this catastrophe occured.

Luckily, the villanious hand slipped away from me and an overwhelming surge of relief came over me. In an instant, I realized what Bo had done for me as the bloodcurrling scream ejected from the car.

"Get off me, you stupid mutt! IT BIT ME!" the wretched man screamed in agony.

The little Yorkshire Terrier had done its job,  freeing me from the terrible arms of fate which had wrapped around me. I love Bo to death for saving my life that day. I may always be blind, but as long as i have Bo, i will see through the eyes of a friend. Today, Bo continues to stand guard over me. She may be small , but she makes a HUGE difference!

© 2009 Anynomus


Author's Note

Anynomus
ignore childish nature of the book and grammar/ spelling mistakes

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

haha, I love it. Extremely good. Wonderful. Perfectly descripted.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Bravo! Encore!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 19, 2009

Author

Anynomus
Anynomus

NOT TELLING



About
I love to write but i choose to remain anynomus . LOVES FREDDY KRUGER!!!! more..

Writing
The Incedent The Incedent

A Chapter by Anynomus