Have a Nice Trip, I'll See You Next Fall

Have a Nice Trip, I'll See You Next Fall

A Poem by Brenden Bow
"

We all fall.

"
I sense the falling and it's not just me; it's you, too. We are not the same; there are separate sins for which we must atone.
Dabbling in the gray, and messing within the red magic, the seals and tomes,
I feel the dread welling up, the yellow misery corrupting my goblet, my chalice, and my cup.
All I hear is the arcane babble of the criminally insane. I lack the rationality and inane dribble of the sane, 
but you know, I have more in me than a cabaret of torn black hearts, more to say to other floozies and tarts.

And their sickly burlesque performances, I'd tell you about them, though, I haven't the foggiest clue on where to start.
There is more to me than these torn black hearts, more than you will ever see crumbling apart.
Just like me and you, they're wearing their newly-fitted faces and masks. It's nice to see I'm not the only one in my premature cask.
Like I would ever actually let you see me in this place, surrounded by all these people, unknown faces, and girls with questionable airs and graces.
I'm just a boy trying to escape his tasks; there is no reason to fret or for a person to ask.

I may be naïve, but I'm not gullible, and everything you see is edible, even I am edible, 
as you already know, leading me to question why these already-eaten sentences are so hard to swallow.
I'm afraid I may be naïve and not too gullible. Another long pause?
A fireplace crackled in her eyes, I wonder what she saw.
There's no delay to the hurt, no preamble to the despair, nor is there a prologue before the repair.

© 2012 Brenden Bow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like the words and language you used in this, Brandon. It flows off the tongue quite nicely. Very dark and haunting, which I adore.
Bravo.
-Doxophobia.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Added on June 18, 2012
Last Updated on June 18, 2012

Author

Brenden Bow
Brenden Bow

TX



About
I've been writing for nine years. It's a solitary art, writing; seclusion works wonders for one's evolution as a writer. I enjoy secluding myself for days, sometimes weeks, with my work. more..

Writing