The Man on the TV Said

The Man on the TV Said

A Story by Brett Hernan

The man on the TV said;
   "I've not spoken to ghosts of the not living kind, Miss. I've never spoken to ghosts of the living kind, ever, but, I have met many, many people in whose minds those ghosts both speak and also live, and that on each and on every single day."

 
The woman on the TV screamed;
 
   "I've got things inside my head that just, and only, want to scream!"

   (She had one hand firmly pressed, each of them in a synchronous operation, both elbows up, with both palms, connected to slender white forearms seen as from a perspective where you're sighting it all from slightly below.
All of this seen from below, as though she herself is in some way elevated.
  
   Still her hands, each of them pressed hard against each of her ears, lit by a black stretch of pitch black silk affixed on that which hangs at the behind of her head, and billowing there, tacked behind her arm-pressing hand to each of the ears that are hers alone to silence.          
 
   Trapped agape, and in angry indignation, from an open, and unhappy mouth, caught still, immobile and motionless, full of the saddest type of trapped black, darkest of black blackness not dissimilar in any way, other than having increased in the feature that is the of depth of the darkest of natures, and that has become even darker.
   
   Of which we have heard about, from that which we above have read, all we can see is black as we hear, as she screamed.

© 2017 Brett Hernan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

Brett Hernan
Brett Hernan

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia



About
Low-resolution sample only. Born 1968. All of the images accompanying each of these written works are my own. (Except that one of the guy putting a flower into a soldier's rifle barrel!) more..

Writing