World Record Attempt Fatality Laughter Extract I

World Record Attempt Fatality Laughter Extract I

A Story by Brett Hernan
"

This is a tiny fragment extracted from my most recent writing project.

"

   After some documents were declassified, a report written by a special agent reached the public. Trying to fake sanity, long-haul truckers and insomniacs alike called in during his late-night shows. In 1953, finished for the night clowns smeared their make up into towels. The record was beaten only by seconds. That giant, smouldering crater was once a home. Some of these beings originate from an ethereal plane coexistent with our physical universe. This is the story I will never forget and I'm telling you now so that you are warned in advance. The control rooms are connected by a long hall way and I can see the other side. They laughed and we moved on.

   The phone then went dead suddenly, and a woman picked up instead visualising chopping off their astral tentacles and hearing them drop to the floor and disintegrate. I woke up crying and would not stop for hours. After that event, things got weird. We sat there and listened for a few minutes, our eyes wide. In the small city I was working there was this huge abandoned military hospital. He could hear chains being moved and people screaming. After he died, we used to get phone calls from his number. They told us they had a nightmare in their house. Spontaneous ignition of pieces of furniture had begun. Describing paranormal experiences to them. Everything stops when they arrive...

© 2019 Brett Hernan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good writing, it held my interest well. If the rest is of the same quality, it should be an interesting read.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brett Hernan

5 Years Ago

Thank you for your encouragement, Samuel. I have some more to offer you, if you're interested?
read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 5, 2018
Last Updated on June 10, 2019

Author

Brett Hernan
Brett Hernan

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia



About
Low-resolution sample only. Born 1968. All of the images accompanying each of these written works are my own. (Except that one of the guy putting a flower into a soldier's rifle barrel!) more..

Writing