Chapter 6, Angel of Death

Chapter 6, Angel of Death

A Chapter by Kaybrie93

Chapter 6: Angel of Death, part 1

 

10:02pm

            A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist, Steward Alsop once said. Few know when they will die, but most accept that they will. Any sane man will give anything he possess to preserve even just a moment more of life, but knows it will inevitably be taken from him. Thus presenting the question, is it worth the excessive fight?...knowing death is utterly unavoidable, should we waste our energy preserving it? Absolutely!

            10:03pm. a strange spirit hovered over the small gated community; and in nine minutes, it prepared to claim an innocent life. Suddenly, darkness had officially settled in, and a mild thunder storm hours earlier, left everything dipped in shimmering rain water. Splashing through minute puddles of rainwater as she ran, Danni struggled to keep pace with her mother.

            Barely allowing time for the engine to start, Rose piled into her car, and before zooming off, she suddenly stopped. Allowing her head to slump back, against the headrest, she laid still. Just as Danni came close enough to grab the handle of the driver side door, Rose sharply turned to meet the concerned stares of her daughter. For a moment they both were still. The fear in Roselyn’s eyes magnified the fear in Danni’s. Wiping the falling tears from her face with one hand, and idly gripping the handle of the door with the other, Danni stared at her mother.

Exchanging a quick sympathetic look, and a very fake smile, Roselyn calmly locked the doors and drove off.

Spilling from the doors of the ballroom with an empty wine glass and a crocked smile in toe, Daniel stumbled towards his daughter. “Where’s your mother going?” He asked, not too concerned with the answer. “Give me your phone Danni exclaimed, with a sudden spark in her eyes.

            Hesitantly staring back at his daughter, he slowly responded “Why?     

        “Just give it to me!!” She shouted as she reached over and began siphoning through her father’s pockets.

Whoa! …Here” He exclaimed, as he pulled his phone from his back pocket and handed it to her. Maneuvering through the settings, she finally found ___; an app her parent’s downloaded onto everyone’s phones, to keep track of them.  Climbing into her dad’s pickup, she held the phone up in his face. “Can you take me here?

Daniel noticed how badly her hands were shaking, and noticed the suspense in her voice, and despite the fact that he had been drinking, knew it was urgent.  Driving as fast as he safely could, Danni explained nearly everything in one exhausting, nearly incomprehensible breath.



© 2012 Kaybrie93


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on August 13, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012


Author

Kaybrie93
Kaybrie93

KS



About
I love writing! I'd say teen drama/fiction, is my forte. I may upload a lot of unfinished literary pieces, but that's only cause they're all unfinished!... don't worry, I'm working on fixing that :) more..

Writing