Traveling Turkey - Important Landmarks to Visit

Traveling Turkey - Important Landmarks to Visit

A Story by Brian Jay Cruz
"

A visit to Turkey promises an enthralled vacation. Steeped in history and natural wonders, buckle up and travel Turkey's most important landmarks.

"

A visit to Turkey promises an enthralling vacation. Turkey is a stunning city steeped in history, natural wonders and wonderful countryside. It also offers a wealth of different kinds of destinations to travelers. Diverse offerings such as the ancient ruins of Ephesus to the beaches along the Aegean Sea will lure every traveler in its beauty. Therefore, we listed the top tourist destinations in Turkey for you.

Hagia Sophia

It is one of the best preserved ancient buildings in the world and is Turkey’s most famous tourist attraction. The building was built in the 6th century AD by the Byzantine Emperor Justinian. Today, it operates as a museum highlighting its remarkable architectural designs and beautiful mix of Byzantine and Muslim embellishment.

Ephesus

Turkey is packed with ancient cities and one of the most popular attractions is Ephesus. It contains some of the best preserved Greek and Roman ruins in the world. Some of the most stunning attractions at Ephesus include the Library of Celsus, the Temple of Hadrian and the ancient theatre. Many visitors will explore this city in combination tours with Miletus, Didyma and Priene.

Basilica Cistern

It is an ancient underground wonder and one of Istanbul’s best and largest surviving Byzantine sites.  This former water chamber is composed of magnificent columns, arched ceilings and even ornate carvings of the ancient gods. Today, visitors can explore the Basilica Cistern, by walking its raised platforms to view it. Visiting tourists can also experience its eerie nature as the water drips form the ceilings.

Troy

This is one of Turkey’s most famous and historical sites as it was believed to be the setting of the Trojan War. Strolling around its walled streets, homes and theaters will make you feel you’re back in the history. Regardless of whether Troy was the actual site of the Trojan War, the archaeological site of Troy is a fascinating place for history enthusiasts and tourists alike. Furthermore, Troy was added to the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1998.

Cappadocia Underground Cities

The Derinkuyu or Cappadocia Underground Cities in Central Turkey, is an ancient multi-level underground cities built by the Troglodytes or ‘cave goers’. It is unclear as to when it was made. They believed that the earliest Christians first settled in the area during the fourth century.

Blue Mosque

The picturesque sight of the Blue Mosque will impress everyone within Turkey. It was built by the young sultan Ahmet I to rival the Hagia Sophia and it didn’t disappoint. The interior is just as grand and includes swatches of blue tiles hence the name was derived.

Aspendos Roman Theatre

This fascinating ancient construction remains a hugely popular tourist attraction as it is one of the best preserved Roman theaters anywhere in the world. Tourists can view this well-known theater along with some Roman remnants. As a matter of fact, it can still able to accommodate up to 15,000 people.

Oludeniz

This small village on the Aegean Sea’s south west coast is very famous especially to beach lovers. This is simply because it is one of the most photographed Mediterranean beaches. It is also known as one of the best places in the world to paraglide due to its amazing panoramic views along with its beach’s turquoise shade.

With so many amazing destinations here, you’ll never want to leave this place as it captivates everyone. From the rich history to the sightseeing places, consider this list of destinations as just the start of a great holiday in Turkey.

© 2017 Brian Jay Cruz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on January 18, 2017
Last Updated on January 18, 2017
Tags: turkey, europe, landmarks, beach, water sports, travel, tour, uno adventure and holidays

Author

Brian Jay Cruz
Brian Jay Cruz

Makati City, NCR, Philippines



About
Hi! I’m a Travel Agent at Uno Tours | The Best Tour Operator in the Philippines! Visit our website at http://www.unotours.com more..

Writing