BABE

BABE

A Poem by Brian Kraklau

like a rollin river, goin off into the distance, yea, just like the waves crishing on to the side, my momma will come home one day, yea, where the wishes are floating on by, years of untold stories and lies, yet full of the want to let go, so let it roll, roll on away, down the river, far away, so when my baby comes home, she will give me that sweet love, oh baby, come a little closer, where the break of dawn will come soon, and i shall be on my way, through the window again, and off into the distance, i blow the kiss of return, but know deep within, my heart is going to heaven, i will see you babe, on the other side, where the rivers keep rollin, where the music sounds around the air all day, where i will sing, and roll on down this river, on through life, goodbye babe.

© 2010 Brian Kraklau


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You do love your run on sentences. I am actually getting use to it now, and how it flows as one though spoken in one breath. It's hard when we are separated from a true love like this and you know you have to travel to them to be reunited one day. Makes the remainder days on earth long and hard.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your style of writing is so intersting but, you work it good as it rolls with your words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


great choice of words, the ROLL well together. Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


That's a Slammer, B! Very nice. New takes on every reread. Great work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


the change of subjects is almost too rapid, not enough emphasis on each until the end. i would suggest making it longer, detailing a little. Not overkill, not paragraphs or lengthy, just enough to fill and flow to the next subject.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it, and to all you other people out there. Stanzas aren't what makes the poem, it's the words and how they are used. It's the feeling you get as you read, they make become real and heart felt. If you can't understand that then you might want to find a differnt hobby.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Some stanzas would be nice, but its good

Posted 13 Years Ago


So lovely and beautiful!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nicely done. The uninterrupted flow of thought is rare, but it seemed to work for this particular piece. Good writing...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very beautiful and the flow is great!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Greatly written.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

704 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 14, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2010

Author

Brian Kraklau
Brian Kraklau

Las Vegas, NV



About
just another human trying to analyze this reality from my own limited perspective. I'm here, there, and throughout each word i write. perhaps in time I could find myself within this mess. outside of t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart in Hand Heart in Hand

A Poem by OT