GOODNIGHT

GOODNIGHT

A Poem by Brian Kraklau

as i lay down to dream i wish for the next sun rise to be an awakening from a deep slumber, oh how i miss that deep comfort far into the wraps of my comforter, you see that window tonight, all full of frost, tonight is a great night of dreams, far in the recesses of our minds, so will we remember this i think not, for this is only for the moment, we love these sparks in the night, bringing the warmth in the cold, dark, night, oh babe i will see you on the morrow, when the sun rises tomorrow i will see, i will breath, and walk this night again. so goodnight and take it easy, heres a kiss goodnight for all you ladies, and heres a tip of the hat for all the bros out there, but if the night gets lonely for any of you fine babes, give me a shout, goodnight.

© 2010 Brian Kraklau


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice

Posted 13 Years Ago


always a kiss for the babes

Posted 13 Years Ago


amazing truely amazing loved it

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this, it starts out rather serious and then becomes slightly humorous and playful, like don't take life seriously, just enjoy it when you can. Anyway, you did a wonderful job on this piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I started reading and thought...now I lay me down to sleep. I love those moments as you start to drift, it's like a big exhale. In the end I smiled and laughed at the "but". Thanks for the chuckle. Enjoyed reading!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Reading this makes me think that the nights are so long without the one you love beside you! Nice write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aw so adorable

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol. This is cute!

Posted 13 Years Ago


beautiffly wrote! im likeing seeing a bit of your humor!
sudgestion for the line beginning 'so will we rember this'... i think if you add a comma after it, it would read slightly better. 'so will we rember this, i think not'.
otherwise another good write!
goodnight...

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like the beginning of imagery and then the playfulness at the end

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

955 Views
44 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2010
Last Updated on December 15, 2010

Author

Brian Kraklau
Brian Kraklau

Las Vegas, NV



About
just another human trying to analyze this reality from my own limited perspective. I'm here, there, and throughout each word i write. perhaps in time I could find myself within this mess. outside of t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Love

A Poem by Tate Morgan