Waiting

Waiting

A Story by Brid
"

prompt from lit club!

"
People don't wait because they have nothing better to do.  If waiting was the best way to spend time, it would be called Everyday Life, not waiting.  Waiting is defined by how many things one would rather do, by what you get out it.  There are ways to spend your life without waiting, if you become what everyone else is waiting for.
Sooner or later, we all have to wait.  Wait for someone to call, wait for the filibuster to end, wait for the right moment.  Wait to matter to the rest of the world.  While we wait, we think about how we could better spend our time.  As possibilities fly past our minds, they seem so tiring.  So more often than not, we wait.
What comes at the end of waiting?  A reward, perhaps, the fulfillment of the wish that started us waiting. Or just a release from the waiting, which is a reward in and of itself.  We return to Everyday Life, and for a time, remember the wait.  We vow never to wait again.  This is soon forgotten, and Everyday Life is so exhausting.  So we welcome the wait, and are caught once more.

© 2012 Brid


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on October 27, 2012
Last Updated on October 27, 2012
Tags: waiting

Author

Brid
Brid

OR



About
Hello. I am only in high school, but I love writing and just want to improve. I'm considering a career in something writing-related, maybe an editor? I try to be realistic, though, so I'm not pinni.. more..

Writing