in the back of a truck

in the back of a truck

A Story by Brittney Lea
"

this is a fictional romance story came up with one day

"

            “How many stars do you think are in the sky?” I ask turning my head towards him. We lay in the back of my trunk under the clear night sky. It’s late June, not hot but not cold either, it’s just perfect. “As many as you can count times infinity.” the corner of his mouth lifts into his famous half smile, the same half smile I fell for months ago. I hear the frogs croaking in the back ground with the crickets harmonizing with every croak.

            It is silent, but not awkward. I wonder what he is thinking about. I want to ask him, but he will probably just say I don’t know like he always does. I adjust myself a little, moving my hand from by my side to on resting on my stomach, my other arm under my head. The moon is full and he is staring at me. Why is he staring at me? It’s kind of creepy. I just keep looking up at the stars hoping he will maybe stop, but he doesn’t. I finally look over, “Not to sound rude but why do you keep looking at me?”

“Your eyes,” He pauses.

“My eyes?” I say after forever.

“Yes, your eyes. The moon’s light, makes them absolutely breath taking.” I can feel myself blush. The breeze pushes some of my hair in my face. He takes his hand and brushed it gently behind my ear. His hands are so soft. How could I have been such a fool as to have taken this for granted? He was amazing in every way to me. Most people think it is weird, my own best friend says it makes her uncomfortable. I don’t care. He makes me happy. He leaves me breathless, and I know this is wrong but it something worth dying for.

“You seem out of it tonight,” He said grabbing my hand “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing is wrong I’m just thinking.”

“Leave it to you even on a perfect night like this you are still deep in thought.” He said laughing

“Hey now! You know if my eyes are open then my mind is all over the place.”

“Oh I know remember that time you called me talking about how trees reminded you of humans? And that time when you kept going on and on about how nervous you were about graduation when its two years away!?” He thought this was funny. I just looked at him trying to seem annoyed. “You know that look doesn’t work on me.” There’s that smile again.

“Hey don’t act like I’m the only one that says things like that, you where the one that was stressing about the moon being red for more than once a year.” We both laughed and stared at the stars. I kept thinking about how happy I was and how wonderful he is. I’m so glad I didn’t let this opportunity slip through my fingers. We were best friends before this, we didn’t just rush into anything. We took it slow, we both made sure we were happy. Who would have thought a girl like me and a guy like him would ever end up together?

© 2014 Brittney Lea


Author's Note

Brittney Lea
please send feedback
-enjoy-

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm very surprised this is fiction. I only realized that after and read it like a moment from someone's life. And I bought it. Your characters are multi-dimensional, thoughtful, with tangible intrigue in each other. I could feel their innocence, their desires and fears. I hope to read longer pieces from you. Keep writing, my dear. And let the world judge, it will not be harshly.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brittney Lea

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much! i am so happy to get good feed back! i am currently writing hopefully the start o.. read more



Reviews

I'm very surprised this is fiction. I only realized that after and read it like a moment from someone's life. And I bought it. Your characters are multi-dimensional, thoughtful, with tangible intrigue in each other. I could feel their innocence, their desires and fears. I hope to read longer pieces from you. Keep writing, my dear. And let the world judge, it will not be harshly.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brittney Lea

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much! i am so happy to get good feed back! i am currently writing hopefully the start o.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 25, 2014
Last Updated on July 25, 2014
Tags: romance, truck, love, smile, young love, teenagers, stars, night

Author

Brittney Lea
Brittney Lea

Benton, AR



About
Hi, I'm a teenage girl, & I have a lot to say. I make these statements In my writings that I will post on here I've been writing stories and poems since I was a younger & I think it's time for people .. more..

Writing
You Fool You Fool

A Story by Brittney Lea