Prologue: He�s Dead

Prologue: He�s Dead

A Chapter by Brittaney

Hagrid emerged from the woods carrying the limp body of their savior. Cries of anguish filled the air as the fighting intensified. Curses and spells shot through the air, flying for a hopeless army. With Harry gone, there was nothing left. Dumbledore had been wrong; the seventeen year-old wizard had not been ready to face the darkest wizard of all time. Everyone was wrong. Slowly the Order lost one member after another dieing. The whole time a cold laugh emitted fear in everyone’s heart.

 

The sun rose, shining light on the bodies that littered Hogwarts grounds. Everyone that fought against the Death Eaters died that night. As blood stained the earth, Voldemort sat in the Headmaster’s chair and smirked with victory. Finally his dream was a reality. Dumbledore was dead and Hogwarts was his.

Threading his fingers in front of him, Voldemort leaned back in his chair and plotted. With the order annihilated, nothing stood in his way. Maybe he’d go for France next.

---~

A hooded figure scurried across the road, praying she wasn’t caught. With the war decided it was no longer safe in England or Scotland. The child in her arms would be hunted down and killed without a blink of an eye. It wasn’t anything the child had done, just who his parents were. There was no other choice.

Reaching a door, the woman knocked softly on the wood and was hurried inside. If they were discovered now, all would be for naught.

“How many,” an old man croaked as he escorted the woman to the living room.

Andromeda Tonks threw back her hood, revealing tear streaked cheeks. She had promised her daughter and son-in-law that their child would be safe. This was the only way.

“Only one,” She held in they cry that wanted to sound. Handing the man her grandson, Andromeda Tonks pulled out her money pouch. She had to sell everything to pay for Teddy’s ticket to the Americas, but it was worth it. “He’ll go to a good family right?”

The old man nodded, unable to voice his lie. Truthfully he had no idea where the people went after they floo’d. All he knew was that his floo went to the Americas and was only open for a few more days. The look on the woman’s face kept him from telling the truth.

He took the gold and escorted her to the fire. “I’ll give you a few moments,” he coughed out and handed the young boy back to the woman.

Andromeda Tonks took Teddy into her arms and almost cried. The young boy was slowly changing his hair in his sleep. She knew he had his mother’s talent, but it always amazed her. “Be safe little man. Know that your family loved you and make something out of yourself.”

After kissing his forehead, Andromeda Tonks threw some floo powder in the fire and placed the child in the green flames. She cried silently as he disappeared forever. It was for his future that he’d never meet his past.



© 2009 Brittaney


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on November 25, 2009


Author

Brittaney
Brittaney

Corpus Christi, TX



About
Hi, my names Brittaney. Im twenty-two years old. My dream is to one day be published and become a well known author. My target audience is late teen early twenty's. Mostly people that want to read.. more..

Writing