VIII.

VIII.

A Chapter by Brittany

 

She was smoking a Pall Mall Blue. In her winter-coat, a crooked scarf covering her freshly shaven head. Her hand trembled as it made its' way to her lips. She told me we didn't need the television. The neighbors were entertaining enough.

 

The man across the street has no hands. Just hooks. But he drives his van like a pro.

 

The kids ride their bikes through the flooded parts of the street, where the drain is backed up. They cry when they fall in because they've ruined the cards fashioned in the spokes of their tires.

 

An afternoon speed-walker circles our home once every day. Like clockwork. Armed with a mullet.

 

Two trailers down and across, a young man celebrates his O.C.D. He keeps an empty box on the stoop which he moves, just so. Wiggles the knob on the front door. Walks around back. Studies the lawn. Repeats as desired.

       Repeats as desired.

 

She laughs a full laugh, head tilting slightly back. Her teeth are red. She tells me to keep the doors locked. The neighbors are crazy.



© 2010 Brittany


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

haha those last four lines made me laugh, but also completely freaked me out. i think it's the red teeth thing. feels ominous.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It feels like people watching...close observations at a distance in summary. You're the s**t Lady.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

355 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2010
Last Updated on May 30, 2010


Author

Brittany
Brittany

MT



About
I don't know me. And, you don't know you. We fit so good together 'cause I know you like I know myself. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


II. II.

A Chapter by Brittany


VI. VI.

A Chapter by Brittany


III. III.

A Chapter by Brittany


VII. VII.

A Chapter by Brittany


IV. IV.

A Chapter by Brittany