Bars That Look Like Gold, Taste Like Brass

Bars That Look Like Gold, Taste Like Brass

A Chapter by Brittany

 

 

Naked, they laid down on the antique bed.

 

Looking at him she felt like she was in prison. Lying with her he felt like it was a conjugal visit. The street light dissects through the blinds, casting bars on their bare skin. His eyes disappeare in one dark line. She was lost in his shadows.

 

Through the clutch of hands, the dark spots dance. Bodies move like beggars. Both hoping for a little change.

 

And the sex is always better when neither one says, "I love you."

 



© 2010 Brittany


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Clean, direct intentions. Taunting and challenging to the reader's own experiences. A written cinema verite. Your prose is honest, no one can ask for more than that. Very well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


we write what we know

Posted 13 Years Ago


Heartbreaking but so realistic in its inside view of a relationship that's breaking down yet still trying to stay afloat, if for no other reason but the comfort of repetition. I miss feeling that in a weird way. And, then again, I don't miss it at all.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2010
Last Updated on September 11, 2010


Author

Brittany
Brittany

MT



About
I don't know me. And, you don't know you. We fit so good together 'cause I know you like I know myself. more..

Writing