"The Man"

"The Man"

A Screenplay by Reverser101
"

Not really sure if this is a screenplay but owell. This just has meaning to me.

"

(It's a quiet afternoon in a small town, there's a young girl walking around the park. As the young girl was watching kids running around and watching the birds flying by in the clouded sky, drawing in the black notebook she brought with her, a man appeared by her side. The young girl noticed the man and watched as he just stared at her admiring her features.)

 

Man: I'm sorry if I have frightened you at all, but you seemed so caught up in your thoughts I felt that I had to see what was bothering you.

 

Girl: Oh no worries, I am not caught up in my thoughts, just was curious why you were staring at me, but as I said before, no need to worry.

 

Man: May I share something that has been on my mind with you?

 

(The young girl nods her head to assure him that she is listening.)

 

Man: I have noticed over the years people have become less concerning of others. I'm not quite sure why this has been bothering me, but I believe it might be because when I was about your age, I use to see kids in the park that would invite lonely kids to come play with them, and neighbors talking to each other, and everyone would be happy and helpful to one another. Now though, you don't see kids invite others to join them, instead, they ignore them as if they're not there. Our neighbors do not communicate with one another anymore either, instead, they try to out due one another and prove they're better than the other. And no one is happy anymore, you see teenagers these days like you, who hide their sadness with fake smiles to show "they're not hurting" inside when in reality your falling apart to pieces, your just afraid to show that and express your true self because your afraid of rejection.

 

(The young girl keeps listening with tears filling her eyes as she notices the man starts crying while he continues to tell her how he feels about today's society)

 

Man: Your afraid your parents wont understand and will just criticize you. But sometimes you need to take the risk of standing up to those who have done you wrong, to the ones who made you feel that self-harm was the only option. It's sad to see the world come to this...

I don't think a young girl like you should have to make terrible scars on yourself because of others sharp, hurtful words to you. The words that just stay in the back of your mind, repeating everyday. The voices of those who called you "fat, ugly, worthless, etc..." stay in your head. But the worst one that overpowers all of the other voices is... the one... that tells you to commit suicide... That's what bothers me the most, is that someone could have the nerve to say that to another person, especially a young girl like you.... I was staring at you with admiration because I seen that you were hurting... I was trying to see if I could see the happiness behind your sorrow...

    And I know your sadness is getting worse, because that drawing you were working on was not the birds in the sky or the kids running around.... it was you.... hanging from your ceiling....

 

(The girl just broke into tears holding her wrists up to her chest. The man instantly hugged her not caring if he had just met her.)

 

Girl: I'm s-so sorry! (She sobbed into the mans shoulder)

 

Man: No...I'm sorry.......

 

(end of play)

 

 

   

© 2015 Reverser101


Author's Note

Reverser101
I know it's probably not the best, but I honestly feel todays society has gotten worse over the years, and the biggest problem we have with our teenagers is suicide, self-harm, and bullying. I wish the kids who bullied would know their victims stories before they decided to taunt them.... For anyone who's going through this tragic time in life that reads this, please stay strong<3.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on December 12, 2015
Last Updated on December 12, 2015

Author

Reverser101
Reverser101

Dexter, NY



About
My name is Brittney Benson. I am 17 years old. I love to write to express my emotions. I love to sing and write songs and create my own music to feel something. I enjoy music. more..

Writing
Help Help

A Poem by Reverser101