Progression

Progression

A Poem by Brooksfield

Progressive, That's what i thought too, But i see we haven't made any, that's why i left you behind. You've made time for your job and your family, but what about me? That's what i failed to see, Lines and numbers all add up, now i see the picture i should have seen long ago, the big picture.. that's what they call it, when your staring at the entire thing you see how bad it's painted, who even thought of this? it is just another bad metaphor used in a hopeless situation. I see everything must be working out for you so when you read this let's hope we don't meet face to face because i resent you.



I won't remember who you are or what you've done.but i will know well enough to stay far away from you. You've had and you've lost, it's time to own up to your mistakes, i thought to tell you, "If you love me show me", but if you don't.. then continue as you are.. we have little time together, we don't talk as much, we don't laugh, i am not happy.. you say i make you happy but you can't be happy.  




Don't you think about me? don't you like talking to me? why do i have to wait day's to talk to you? what about me.. what's so important that you have to put me on hold for day's, You don't message me any more, to ask me how i am, to see what my day was like. I feel this cold love and its making me sick, i want you to be the one for me.



i want you to be the person i spend the rest of my life with but how can i when you don't try to spend time together, I have said this so many times and continued to repeat it.
"I don't want to do this again!!".

© 2014 Brooksfield


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for reading, I just wrote what I felt, I hope it helps someone else out and maybe they can salvage their relationship with the one they love, I realize that there isn't a manual for a relationship but hopefully it helps or gives you an idea of how to deal with it after. Thank you again and please look forward to future poems/stories.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wow so powerful and deep, really written from the heart. Letting all your emotions run out onto paper.
Very full of emotion indeed.
Sad and heartbreaking piece.
Really sorry you are getting hurt, and someone is treating you this way.
Great write, written straight from the heart clearly.
Keep writing :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


I love this piece, I love how you were able to capture the essence of this situation, of fading apart so well. Though it kinda feels like this was written for me from someone I did this exact thing to (I regret it every day, I swear) but I've also been through this, so I see both sides and it kills me to read this and think "damn, I forgot about that," and "exactly" as the piece went on. Anyway, I've already told you I don't mean to rant and I swear that is still true. Greatly penned piece. Amazing use of style and honesty. I like where you placed your capitalized "I"s because it makes them stand out and shows more of your personality and the importance of those lines above some of the others.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Brooksfield

9 Years Ago

Thank you again, i would have gotten back to your review a little earlier but the website wasn't loa.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 28, 2014
Last Updated on May 2, 2014

Author

Brooksfield
Brooksfield

Lawton, OK



About
I'm Thirty-Three years old from Oklahoma. I'm 5'11 in height. brown hair, It grew out and now I've cut it short and dyed it blonde in my pfp. also I'm also not very fond of pictures So the one in my .. more..

Writing