Anxiety

Anxiety

A Poem by Brooksfield
"

A bit of a Anxious look on life, the word's describing fate though fair eyes.

"
Fate, it's a funny word, but it's everywhere, in a smile, stare or a laugh and it's gaze is terrifying. 

it cannot be seen and it cannot be unseen by many, it's inevitable to escape the broken pieces that litter the floor. 

broken shards and little fragments
that splinter the skin as if saying.

 "Everything is set in motion, it's too late to change what's happened" 

We cannot, will not(a voice whispers in the back of your mind) be able fix to the past and as if the little voice becomes the bigger and better entity that instinctively knows the truth behind all words and actions.

We can only learn to overcome it together, yet the prices for the event still stand, when you look down you see the pieces remain scattered across the beautiful marble surface. 

You see the world as it is for a snap of the fingers and in the one triggering second you are one with all and every right in the world and as soon as that moment passes you can choose to ignore or to stare the beast in the face as you swear on your grave it's not an issue.

In that single instant fate becomes aware and challenges you to a battle of the wits and words i live by from the smartest and wisest echo in my mind. "Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed."-Richard Rahl. We do not know how thing's will turn out we can only hope.


Tomorrow is another day, today is the current struggle, as if life couldn't get any more fucked up. We endure the pain, we stall and wait until the possibilities that man throws our way, but the way the world twists and turns causing imbalances to become wavering and it's belligerent.

In it's glory it is heaving it's mighty waves and winds that blow down and wash away everything. We rise and we fall. Getting back up is a chore but we have to so we can continue to learn and grow as humanity, as one, as everything comes our way we look back and thank the world, thank god or anything that has foundation to cling onto, they say we "Reap the seeds we sow". 

The ending to one story becomes legend and the wise words shared are written in stone as each and every historical event is shared, the knowledge of it is forever and you feel as if you've dodged another unfortunately prestigious event and in matter of all the things you've been though each time is slightly rougher but the Anxiety of it all looks smaller from another's point of view but we know.

The ones that suffer from this, we think of it as a milestone for getting "better" as these Dr's and nurses force pills and medicine of all colors and forms down our throats to suppress the events as "It's just in your head" as if we don't know ourselves what we feel.

"I will say with all the love I can give back to those in the world, from your's truly" -Henrietta. 

© 2015 Brooksfield


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Greatly captivating write with lots of powerful lines and an amazing compilation of quotes and ideas.
It is very clear to see where your heart lies in this piece as well, and that is something writers sometimes lose after writing so many different pieces, so nice!

I really enjoyed the rhythm here and the style you decided to use within the piece.

Very well penned.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wow, powerful words. I enjoyed this write. Look forward to reading more! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Powerful piece, LOVE it, especially at the end how you make the Point that they do not understand because they are not experiencing it. AMEN, I am bipolar and that is what my video this week on YouTube is about. How medication is NOT enough, and also with this weeks Positive Personal Challenge. My poems reflect these issues as well, like your poem of anxiety. Love it great job, keep writing.
"as if we don't know ourselves what we feel."

Posted 9 Years Ago


Brooksfield

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review, this means that you also understand that this piece comes from dee.. read more
Don't just B, but B amazing!

9 Years Ago

OMG, so sorry about your grandmother, I would find a new DR, and call an attorney. The main thing is.. read more
Brooksfield

9 Years Ago

Thank you, that is something i need, killing stuff on video games isn't getting the stress and anger.. read more
This is wonderfully written and i agree it does get your attention. Very well written. beautifully done. I'm so sorry you feel this way

Posted 9 Years Ago


Brooksfield

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much, i really had this idea as i wrote in my grandmother's hospital room titled as it .. read more
this is really well written definitely really gets your attention :) nicely done :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Brooksfield

9 Years Ago

I saw the mistakes in this and i did my best to fix them, if you've seen anymore can you point them .. read more
yuki

9 Years Ago

Sure ill go through it again but im half awake so i might miss some :P ill try my best :)
yuki

9 Years Ago

"back of your mind) be able fix the past" - needs a "to" between able and fix
Thats all. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 26, 2014
Last Updated on January 30, 2015

Author

Brooksfield
Brooksfield

Lawton, OK



About
I'm Thirty-Three years old from Oklahoma. I'm 5'11 in height. brown hair, It grew out and now I've cut it short and dyed it blonde in my pfp. also I'm also not very fond of pictures So the one in my .. more..

Writing