Smile For A Bit

Smile For A Bit

A Poem by BrotherJackman
"

For the people that have so much in life, and just throw it away, or take it for granted. You had every reason to smile for yourself, but you gave it up.

"

"C'mon smile for a bit"

             I only smile when I am happy, I dont put on a fake emotion for you or anyone else.

 

"C'mon smile for a bit"

             Why? Does an illusion of my happiness make you happy? Would you rather I  put on that fake emotion and make you believe lies that I'll sell?

 

"C'mon smile for a bit"

             NO! C'mon leave me alone for a bit. I dont want to look at you, let alone smile for you. I dont want to smile only for the words you tell.

 

"C'mon smile for a bit"

             Fine... So did it change anything? Does it make you happier now that you know it was a lie that I was trying to sell?

 

"C'mon smile for a bit"

            "And please, make it real. Don't leave me, Don't go back into your shell"

 

"So c'mon, smile for a bit"

             No. I'm not happy for now, because I'm sick of being jealous... jealous of a love that you put through hell.

© 2012 BrotherJackman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A smile can be the biggest lie one could ever come up with...

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is great, exactly how I feel everytime someone tells me to smile when I don't want to. Great poem, great read. Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2012
Last Updated on March 8, 2012

Author

BrotherJackman
BrotherJackman

Seattle, WA



About
In a world of imperfection, I find that everything is perfect in its own imperfection. more..

Writing