How it used to be.

How it used to be.

A Story by BrotherJackman

"It's my fault! It's all my fault," she screamed at herself. The tears that she tried so desparately to hold back finally started to well up in her eyes along with all the pain she had been keeping inside of her. One fell, then the second, then they all started to roll softly down her face that she had cradled with her hands, as if to hide behind the imaginary wall that she created with her palms. "Why did he leave? What did I do to make him so mad? All I did was love him." She could hardly breath as she spoke through her sobs. She opened her fingers, just enough for her to look at the picture on her bed stand, of the both of them holding eachother on a sofa while sitting and smiling at one another. "What happened to how it used to be?"...

       At first it was so happy, she was with the man she dreamed of. They smiled, they joked, they loved one another. It was the most blissful, cheerful, loving year of their lives, but something changed after a mistake they made. They kept it hidden from the world. "No one will know, nothing will hurt us. we'll be okay." They lied to themselves and eachother in attempts to push away the guilt. But eventually it started to eat away at the both of them. He began to avoid her becuase it brought back the memory of there mistake. She would continue to run to him, because he was the only thing that made her feel that it was okay and that it wasn't wrong. They pulled and pushed one another, they fought and hurt one another. However, hurting themselves hurt more than hurting eachother did.

       "How could I let this go so wrong!?" He began to yell and clench his fists as his anger at himself grew. "NO! It wasn't supposed to happen this way! I loved her!" His sorrow and anger magnified and mixed together, creating rage. "NO! NO! NO!" He screamed and yelled, throwing punches at whatever his fists could come in contact with. "Why did I hurt her? She deserved so much better than me. She only tried to show me love, and I didnt know how to return it too her. I ignored her, I pushed her away. She deserved so much more." His eyes felt hot, as his anger left and only sadness lingered behind. The tears fell like rain. He reached into his wallet and pulled out a photo of her. He tried to see it clearly through the water in his eyes, while wiping away the single tear that had fallen on the unfolded, faded photo. "What happened to how it used to be?"...

        

© 2012 BrotherJackman


Author's Note

BrotherJackman
I leave, details such as names and specific mistakes out for a reason. I want everyone to be able to relate if they can. It's a more meaningful read if you can put your own name in there and have it relate to your own life.

Thanks for your time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Maybe they are just out of touch? Possibly need a place to relate again? I don't know this one is a hard one seeing as I know where the girl is coming from. It might help it the both knew how the other felt because from my experiences I have not clue as to where the guy is coming from...
As for the write itself, you were able to capture a long and complicated story and bring it to life in just a short bit of work. The emotion is very much so there and the pain and confusion is very evident, great job :)



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Maybe they are just out of touch? Possibly need a place to relate again? I don't know this one is a hard one seeing as I know where the girl is coming from. It might help it the both knew how the other felt because from my experiences I have not clue as to where the guy is coming from...
As for the write itself, you were able to capture a long and complicated story and bring it to life in just a short bit of work. The emotion is very much so there and the pain and confusion is very evident, great job :)



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
1 Review
Added on February 2, 2012
Last Updated on April 24, 2012

Author

BrotherJackman
BrotherJackman

Seattle, WA



About
In a world of imperfection, I find that everything is perfect in its own imperfection. more..

Writing