Chapter  9   Maymore

Chapter 9 Maymore

A Story by Bruce58

   

Chapter 9    Maymore

 

 

 

 

 

    There was no path to follow into the valley. In addition, no enemies to be seen any ware. We came to a small clearing of high weeds and grass. “I know this spot.” Eric thought. However, there was no tunnel of trees ahead. “When we get to the edge of those trees well be home.” Eric told Glen. “Good, I want to end this adventure. I’m tired and want to go home.” Glen said.  

   

    We stopped at a spot where the trees ended to the future. However, there was no end of tree now. In fact, the valley was all trees now. “Glen, I hope the pond is still there.” Eric said. “What pond? You’ve been here before, haven’t you?” Widsith said. “Ya, not that long ago.” I told him. “Let me tell you about this valley.” I told him. 


        Eric was telling Widsith. “This is where I started.” Pointing to where his house would be. “In those trees is where my house used to be.” “What do you mean, used to?” Widsith said. All I could say was, “It’s gone now.” I wanted to cry. My family and friends were not there, I knew this. I missed them. However, I still had Glen.

 

    “There are two ponds and one lake. Someday a town will spring up in the middle with farms for cows and growing plants.” Houses with friends and families will live here.” “Why would anyone want to live in a tiny valley like this?” Widsith said. Eric looked over at Glen, who was listening. He had tears forming in his eyes.

 

    “I want to go home.” He sat on the ground crying, rocking back and forth. “All I want to do is find that pond and go home.” He said. “Well help you. But first we have to get Orish, the god safe.” Widsith said. “OK, let’s get down there.” Glen said.


        “What’s holding us up?” Thor yelled. “And why are you crying? Our God is almost there, so let’s get going.” Thrud went to Glen and helped him up saying “Your home now.” “How old are you?” Glen asked Thrud. “Old? I’m a young woman.” She said. “And we had better get moving before father gets made.”

 

   I have never seen home with so many trees. Eric thought. However, it was not to hard finding my way around. The valley is small, in fact, so small one can look from one side to the other.

 

    “Lead the way young man. We will follow you.” Thor said looking at Eric. “Widsith!” Thor’s wife said. “Take Eric’s place on the wagon, he will show us where this place of hiding is to be.” Therefore, off we went, down through the trees. Going around downed trees by the wind and rain and picking up the wagon when needed. Eric knew if he walked to the center of the valley he would come to the park pond.

 

    “There it is! the pond.” Eric said. However, Thor said he wanted a lake, not a pond. Eric pointed to the west and told Thor. “The lake is just past those trees.” Hoping it was there in the past. “OK, everyone find somewhere to settle down. We might be here for a while.” Thor said.

 

    Thor grabbed the handles to the wagon and started walking. “Do you need help?” Widsith asked. “No,” is all he said, and went off in the direction Eric had pointed.

 

    “Rawd and Grom, the two of you go find food. It’s getting dark and we will have a fire going when you get back.” Sif said. Adding, take the scouts with you. Sif, looking at Glen Widsith and I said. “Go find fire wood. Now, and Thrud you gather rocks to go around a fire.”


    “Let’s go this way.” Eric said. He was feeling a little better now. This was his home and even with the trees, he knows where he is. They walked what would be the road towards where the school will be. Turning left up Sif Street, if it were there. Then stopped in front of where his house will be.

 

    Sadden by the fact his house was not there. Eric started to cry saying. “This is where I live. No house just a bunch if damn trees.” “Let’s get the wood for the fire. I’m hungry.” Glen said. “OK Glen, but tomorrow were going to find that pond.” “That sounds good to me.” Glen said.

 

    When we returned, Thor wanted to get the fire going. Back from the lake. He had commented on how large the lake was. “It will do.” He said. “Orish said it will be fine.” “Where are the men with my dinner? I’m hungry.” Thor was rubbing his stomach and looking happy. Mostly thinking he did a good deed and the men had returned. Rawd and Grom had two rabbits and Thor said. “Is that all?” However, the scouts came up with six. “Good, I’m hungry.” He replied.

 

    “Tomorrow we will have to build shelters. I have been told we will be here for a while.” Thor said. So eat and get some rest.

 

    At first light, Glen and Eric went to look for the other pond. “Do you know where it is?” Glen asked Eric. “Ya, I think I can find it.” They walked up to where Eric’s house will be, then south to the ridge of the valley. “Everything is so different now. The trees are growing to the hill and up.” He commented. “Let’s just keep walking, we’ll find it if it’s there.” Glen said. “Ya, if it’s there?” thinking Eric.

 

    Eric and Glen walked right up to the pond. “I know these woods. Even though the trees are different now then they will be.” Eric laughed. “Eric; there’s water in the pond.” Glen said. “Hold on let me check it out.” Eric, taking his shoes of slid down into the water. Slowly he made it to the middle. “There’s no hole!” He said. Glen not wanting to hear that said. “How will we get back to our time?”


        “I don’t know. There’s no hole, no ladder and no wheel barrel left.” Eric said. “But what I do know is that Widsith is here, and he went down there.” “Let’s go back. I want to sleep under something tonight.” Glen said. “Ya, I’m tired of sleeping on the ground to.”

 

    Widsith had gathered wood for his mother and sister. They were building there shelter right in the middle of Sif Street. “Ha, so that’s how Sif Street got its name.” Eric thought. “Let’s put something up on the hill next to the pond. I want to keep an eye on it.” Eric said.

 

    “Remember the house with the boat.” Glen said. “Ya, I remember, what about it?” Eric said. “Well I want to build something like that.” He said. Widsith had completed his gathering of wood for his mother. Coming over to help, he asked what he could do.

 

    “First we need a lot of thin trees, about ten feet long.” Glen said “Ten feet, what is that?” Widsith said. “Come on I’ll show you.” Eric said. As Eric was walking away with Widsith he turned and asked Glen how many? “I don’t know, maybe fifty or so, and one long big one.” He said. When we got back, Glen had stripped the bark off the trees around a small clearing. “Here we’ll use this as rope.” He said.

 

    The three pushed the smaller trees into the ground, two lines eight feet across. Then pulled the tops together, like an x at the top. Glen tied each top with the bark he had striped. “That’s not going to hold.” Eric said. “Yes it will. Let’s put the big one in the middle on top of the v. Glen said.

 

    “There, now all we have to do is put a back wall in and a door.” Glen said. “This was a good idea.” Eric remarked. We stacked rocks for a back wall. We even stacked rocks up two sides of this boat shaped house. Making a door out of the thin branches left over. “I recognize this door. But don’t remember from where.” Eric said.

 

    Covering the house with dirt Eric wanted it cleaner inside. “Saying I know where there’s mud that hardens like concrete.” “It’s down buy the lake.” “How are you going to get it here?” Glen said. “I can use the wagon.” Eric said. “I’ll go now.”

 

    Eric walked to the lake, finding the wagon next to the water. Seeing the barrel and on its side. The lid was off and still on top of the wagon. Eric had to look inside. Slowly looking in, not knowing what was there. “Nothing it’s just an empty barrel.” He said to himself.

 

    Good, the mud was here even then. Eric being a little tired was glaring into the lake. “What the heck?” He thought. That looks like the same Bass swimming here as in my time. Biggest Bass I have ever seen, but could never catch it.

 

    Eric was watching the fish move as fish would do. When, first the top fin started disappearing. As the fish was vanishing, the water was growing into a man above the water. Unable to run Eric just stood there watching. He did not want to see another spirit of any kind. Now stood a clear man made from water.

 

    Backing up, Eric was about to run when his name was called out. “Eric, I’m Orish the God of earth, water and air. Orish started walking towards Eric. Falling to the ground, Eric could only watch now. As Orish touched sand, he started turning to sand. It started from the bottom of his feet, to the top of his head. “Thank you.” Orish said. You helped bring me to this place, now I have one more task for you.


        Eric returning with the mud did not say a word about what had happened. He just started putting it on the walls, saying. “This will dry as hard and white as concrete.” They were patting it on the walls. When done. Eric pushed once more and said. “There, done, ha look, that was my hand print on the wall.”

 

    “This house still stands. I showed the house to you behind Lgerna’s house.” Eric said. “Remember?” Glen said yes, “but there was something written on the back wall.” “Ya but how will we write it.” Eric reached into his pocket and found he had forgotten a red marker. “Glen can you remember what was written.”

 

    Widsith was silently watching every move and listening to every word. “Widsith is that back wall dry?” Eric asked. Widsith patted it saying “Ya hard as a rock.” “Good now how did that go?” Eric said.

 

   

 

                       Kept my story on kept it close

                       Will keep my life through all time

                       Your time is my time

                       So why change things now

                       When we kept it so close

                      

                       Give you my story you stay mine

                       Not the same but not to far

                       My life starts with you

                       Your life starts with me

                       Old with my story new with you

 

                       Different and have no choosing

                       New with your story but yours most

                       Old with my story new with new host

 

    “What is that you put on the wall?” Widsith asked. “It’s the writing of a song.” Glen said. “A song, I like songs. Can you sing it to me?” Eric started singing, remembering how Widsith sang it in the cavern. Then Glen joined in. We must have sung it three times. Now Widsith was singing it, but he was dancing with it to. Everything that had happened to us for a short time was forgotten. We were finally having fun. 

 

© 2010 Bruce58


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on August 26, 2010
Last Updated on August 26, 2010

Author

Bruce58
Bruce58

About
just want to write. I have a story and want it out. Rewrote chapter 1. Tell me what you think more..

Writing
Home Home

A Story by Bruce58


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Story by Bruce58