A Raindrop

A Raindrop

A Story by BrynnaW.

     A cloud used to be my home until it released me. I fell out of the sky but I saw no sun. I dropped down towards a concrete sidewalk. The thrill of falling was sensational but the ending seemed like a tragedy. A person with their umbrella stood on top of my destination. I prepared myself for the blow and so did my brothers and sisters that stayed close to me. I hit the umbrella with a splash that made other parts of me go flying but, somehow, I still felt whole. Slowly, I slid down the umbrella only to be dropped again. Once again, I hit with a splash but this time I was on the cold concrete. The people didn't care. I was just a small puddle that was being stepped on. They didn't care that in the morning, the sun would be out and I would be gone. I would either be dried out or wash down a drain. But, of course, nobody cared. I was just a small puddle and raindrop from the sky.

© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
I got this idea fom HeartOfStars. A huge thank you to her! I actually really like this story. Which is rare because I am usually very critical about my work. I hope you liked this!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

AWESOME...well done

Posted 12 Years Ago


i love the point of view in this story. so creative, very very nice work. wish i'd read this earlier. good work!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This makes me think that I should start writing about sunshine again :(
Poor little rain drops.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good poem. You made the raindrops come alive. Description made the poem come alive. Thank you for a outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Aww... So descriptive.. So very.. underscribable..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very beautiful! I love what you did with the idea! Wonderful write! Keep on penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it! It has a good flow and nice word use. I'm glad that my idea helped you, because I think this story is great. Love the sentence: The people didn't care, because people don't really care about rain. So, well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

472 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2011
Last Updated on June 30, 2011

Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Red Red

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Tumble Tumble

A Story by BrynnaW.


Hoods Hoods

A Story by BrynnaW.