The First Task

The First Task

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     I had no problem getting to the hotel that was listed in the letter. It had explained everything and made my task seem so easy which was, in a way, an easy task. The only hard part was dealing with it and having a cold heart about it.
    I made my way to the help desk and asked where a man, listed on the letter, was.
    "Daniel Deschut? He should be at a meeting in the dining room. Are you supposed to be attending?" the man asked.
    "Uh... Yes, I am." I lied.
    "Well, you are very late. Come with me and I will show you there." the man led the way out of the lobby and I followed closely behind. He stopped in front of the dining room that had a lady blocking the entry.
    "I am not allowed to go inside so, I shall leave you here." The man stood and smiled at me for a long while but, seeing that I wasn't doing anything, he soon walked away. I made my way to the lady and told her that I wanted to see Mr. Deschut.
    "Sure, one moment please." the lady walked into the room, "Mr. Deschut, someone would like to speak to you."
    "Can't it wait until the meeting is over?" Daniel Deschut asked gruffly.
    "No, she says it's urgent."
    "Urgent? Hm... very well," he turned to the people around him, "Please, excuse me for a couple minutes." Daniel got up and left the room. He motioned for me to follow him. Daniel Deschut led me to his hotel room down the hall. I walked inside and sat in one of the chairs opposite of him.
    "You wanted to see me?" he tried to get my attention.
    "Uh... Yes. Sir, you were referred to me by somebody. He said that I should do a task with you." I told him as my hands shook on my lap.
    "Task? Who sent you?"
    "Somebody. Didn't you hear me?"
    "Then what is your task with me?"
    I took out my gun, with a shaking hand, and aimed it at his head. The gun couldn't stay still in my hands.
    "What's the use of this if I can call for help and they'd be here in an instant?!" Daniel asked.
    "Keep your mouth shut or I'll pull the trigger. If anyone should be calling out for help, it would be me." I made sure the gun was aimed at his head, closed my eyes, and pulled the trigger. A blast shot through the silence and the deed was done. His body lay lifeless in a chair with his mouth wide open to scream. I left the room immediately even though, I felt like a wreck. Tears streamed down my face as I gasped for air. The lady guarding the dining room stopped me.
    "Where is Mr. Deschut?" She asked.
    "He said that he had to get something." I lied and left before she could ask any further questions. A thought began to disturb me, I really had done murder.
    As I was leaving the hotel, the man at the help desk stopped me.
    "Madame! This was dropped by for you." he handed me a letter as I went out the door. I swallowed hard.

     The letter said that I was no longer Michelle Reed but Kailey Williams. This person had changed my name... I couldn't believe it... But he also knew my name which struck me as being a bit odd. I tried not to accept the name change but I knew that Michelle Reed was now a criminal name... I was now Kailey Williams going for my second task.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Whew... I put it up! What do you think?! I hope you liked it! More coming soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love this. Well written and suspenseful. Can't wait to read the rest.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great Chapter Brynna! Now im going to read the next one....
~Clara Quinn~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow this chapter was amazing i liked it can't wait to read more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good chapter, I really like your characters and plot. It is really good. Well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LOVE it, best chapter so far, keep writing or i'll send Kailey Williams after u like i did to mr. deshcut. jk lol

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2011
Last Updated on July 29, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Another Task Another Task

A Chapter by BrynnaW.


Evil Fairies Evil Fairies

A Story by BrynnaW.


A Raindrop A Raindrop

A Story by BrynnaW.


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114