The Mystery Person

The Mystery Person

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     I rode past several police cars as I made my way to the Super 8 motel. I kept my head low because I was afraid of being recognized. When I got to the motel, I purchased room thirty eight and waited for the guard. Two hours later, a man with dark shades entered the room, not the guard. I shifted nervously on the bed and watched as he sat on the one opposite of me.
     "Who are you?" I asked timidly.
     "The writer of that letter in your pocket." He answered.
     "What is your name? What happened to the guard?"
     "That is of no importance and the guard informed me that you were here... Do you know why I chose you? Do you know why I am having you kill these people?"
     "I was just about to ask you."
     "The people you kill have a business with me. They chose to do the business, same as your parents. These people are now... not to my tastes, as I will put it. Fashions change as do people. That is why I need you to get rid of them. I chose you because you are the daughter of an old client and you care about nothing." the man held a strange shape in his hand.
     "That isn't true. I care about several things."
     "Like what? You have no children, no husband, you now have work with me, and your parents are gone. Basically, you have nothing to live for." 
     "I do too! You need to stay out of my life! Who are you?!" I stood up.
     The man slapped me hard so that I fell back onto the bed with blood pouring out of my nose.
     "Watch your tone. I control a business bigger than you think. Bigger than the CIA or the FBI. Bigger than any business!" He smiled menacingly, "You don't get it do you? You will always be in this business until I no longer need you. Forever, you will do as I say and how I say."
     "You will keep sending me letters with tasks?"
     "Exactly. Now, you have several more tasks to attend to, I assume?" The man stood up to leave.
     "What if I choose not to do the tasks? What if I choose to turn myself in or never show my face to the world for as long as you're living?" I asked.
     He turned around with his jaw set. "Then I will make your life Hell... Or, better yet, I will kill you with my own bare hands. Get to work." The man left without another word.
     I fell back onto my bed, not caring about the blood. I knew I had just met the mystery person and I knew that he was capable of more than I could imagine. What was this business my parents joined? Who was this man? No sleep came to me that night. All I could think about was my next task and the possible idea that he could give me more information...


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
So we finally meet the mystery person... :) What do you think? Are you interested to see what comes next?? I hope you are enjoying this!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

im starting to fall in love with this story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am enjoying this very much. I like that we now understand how Robert knew she was coming, what happened to her parents, and some of the bigger picture. Great write, I'm on to the next chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I didn't think we would meet him this soon. I want to know what her parents were involved in.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good chapter, very unexpected and easy to read. Well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh wow nicely done. This is going to be a great next chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great chpater, never expected the mystery person reasons for the murders. great write

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 29, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Warrior The Warrior

A Story by BrynnaW.


Tumble Tumble

A Story by BrynnaW.


A Raindrop A Raindrop

A Story by BrynnaW.


Intruders Intruders

A Chapter by BrynnaW.