Meeting the Lawyer

Meeting the Lawyer

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     I stared for a while at the dead man before picking up the manila folder that was on the desk. I flipped through the pages. They knew my name, my address, telephone, birth date... everything. I let the folder drop to the floor and I searched the man's body. On him, I found bullets, another gun, a pen, and a tape recorder. My fingers turned the recorder on and it played back a part of our conversation. As the recorder reached the end of the tape, I threw it at the wall and watched in satisfaction as it shattered into several pieces. 
     The stench of the dead man began to make my eyes water. My fists pounded on the door until it opened up to expose the officer. He looked around the room, saw the body, and roughly led me away to my cell. The news of what I had done was quickly spread cell to cell. They whispered and gave me curious stares. The officer shoved me into my cell without a word.
     For a week, I paced about the cell, slept the day away, and ate when the meals were given. Everyone around me did the same but not without several paranoid glances at me. They were criminals, though. Hadn't they done this type of thing before? What makes me any different from them? My thoughts disappeared when I saw a man in a suit bring a chair in front of my cell. He sat down and took out a notepad that had something written on it.
     "Michelle Reed?" he seemed as if he cared for me.
     "No. Kailey Williams." I replied.
     "They told me you would say that. You have committed several murders. Did you not?"
     "One."
     "Right... According to you. My name is Paul King and I am your lawyer."
     "I'm going to court?"
     "Yes, tomorrow. I would have been here on Wednesday but they told me about your recent murder and that it would be too soon. Anyways, I am sorry."
     "Sure you are... So, what is your advice for me at court?"
     "Plead guilty." he said in a matter-of-fact way.
     "What? No! I want to get out of here as soon as possible. You have the wrong person! I only murdered the one guy!" I lied.
     "Keep believing that but, trust me, it'll get you nowhere. Well, seeing that we don't have much to discuss, I should get going."
     "What? You are supposed to help me!"
     "I only help those who are actually innocent not only in their mind but mine as well. Good bye." He got up. I threw myself against the cell bars and the man nearly started running out of the prison. I slumped against the wall. There was no way I could get out of this.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
:) Bet you don't know what'll happen next! Will she escape? Will she die? Will she be found guilty? Or will she be found innocent? You will just have to find out! :) Next chapter coming soon! I know this wasn't an exciting chapter... I hope you liked it!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It may not have been as intense as other chapters, but it still leaves me with questions and wanting to read on, so still a great job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How I hate cliffhangers, when I use them myself I'm grinning evilly but when I read them I'm like: WHY! Anyways, really good. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't wait for the next chapter! This is a real cliff hanger! Great writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so suspicous Bry!! Im practically outta of my chair... and bitin' my nails so hard their gonna rip off... Basically, it was utter greatness!
~Clara~~1

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ooo a trial, didnt expect that

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2011
Last Updated on July 29, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tumble Tumble

A Story by BrynnaW.


A Raindrop A Raindrop

A Story by BrynnaW.


Intruders Intruders

A Chapter by BrynnaW.


Red Red

A Poem by BrynnaW.