Help? Or Not?

Help? Or Not?

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     The judge had been stopped in mid-sentence because two men with dark shades entered the room and sat at the back. The judge looked at them for a long while before continuing his sentence.
     "As I was saying... Michelle Reed, the jury has found you guilty. You will be immediately sent to jail."
     "One question, judgey. The sentencing is for how long?" I smiled kindly but got a glare in return.
     "The sentencing lasts for your lifetime. Murders, stealing, and destruction is a very serious thing that we do not need in our world." he smashed his gavel onto the block of wood and I sunk back into my chair. The judge stepped down from his podium and a sudden shot rang out. He fell to the floor and everyone began to panic. 
     I got down on the floor when I heard several automatics being fired. The armed men that had brought me to the court were now lying on the floor; dead. Bullets flew everywhere without hesitation. Bodies covered the floor and so did blood. I felt my food coming up but I choked it back down. The jury was dead with their papers covered in their own blood. One more person fell to the ground before the guns stopped firing. I kept my breathing quiet as I closed my eyes. 
     Suddenly, someone grabbed my throat, pulled me up, shoved me against the judge's podium, and held an automatic to my head. I opened my eyes slowly. Five men, not two, surrounded me. I figured that the two men were just a signal to the others. Each man held a gun and wore dark shades. I recognized the man that was digging his fingers in my throat to be the mystery person. He smiled when he saw the recognition in my eyes.
     "Remember me?" He asked. I nodded slightly and his fingers relaxed a little. "I told you that this business was bigger than you knew. Anyone around you could be involved in a business with me and you wouldn't even know."
     "D- D- Did you come to save me?" I gave a cheeky smile but he squeezed my throat even more. 
     "No, you pathetic little....." I couldn't hear the rest because he slapped me so hard that I fell to the ground. I tried to get up but he had the gun pointed at my head again, "I didn't come here to save you. I am here to kill you. No, you are not 'old' but rather... caught. The police will be searching very hard for you. They won't find me. I have some police friends that are in my business. Heck! I have governors, mayors, singers, actors, firemen, royal families, and even presidents that are in the business! Your current president is my employee as was the president before!" He laughed, looked around, and motioned to his men.
     The men shoved me up by my elbows and led me out of the room. In the hall, bodies laid along with the ones in the front room. Even the receptionist had a bullet through her head. I gaped at the bodies and tears dropped to the floor. Blood filled the air with nauseous fumes. I finally breathed in fresh air as we made it outside. The mystery person put me in a car and drove off. I didn't want to be killed by this man nor did I like the feeling of being captured. The car moved onto a freeway. Desperate thoughts filled my mind. My fingers opened the door and I tumbled out.
     My scrapes were lined with blood but I got up without hesitation. Bullets flew at me but I continued to run.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
I know that this chapter is sad but it is my very favorite of all of them. I put the most thought into this one so that is one reason why I love this one. I know this chapter is longer than the others but I couldn't help it. I hope you enjoyed this! More coming soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoyed it, of course. The only thing I am wondering is what this buisness really is.

I understand that he hires new clients to kill the old, but what did the old do in the first place? What is the buisness? I hope you'll go farther with that and with her parents, so it will be more personal to her.

Great chapter and great story so far. Can't wait to keep going.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I enjoyed it, of course. The only thing I am wondering is what this buisness really is.

I understand that he hires new clients to kill the old, but what did the old do in the first place? What is the buisness? I hope you'll go farther with that and with her parents, so it will be more personal to her.

Great chapter and great story so far. Can't wait to keep going.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It had my heart up in my throat! It kept me on the edge of my seat. Well done! Can't wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

not the PRESIDENT!!!! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, o and judgey is dead. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. awesome chapter BTW, very entertaining

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sad, but a very good chapter. Really exciting. Quick-paced, easy to read. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 20, 2011
Last Updated on July 29, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Red Red

A Poem by BrynnaW.


A Raindrop A Raindrop

A Story by BrynnaW.


An Archer An Archer

A Story by BrynnaW.