Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

“Hey! Come on! I want to talk to you.” My cousin whispered harshly.

“What?!” my voice came louder than I wanted it to be.

“Quiet down, will you? I don’t want to wake anybody.”

“What do you want?” I asked quieter.

“I thought that because you are leaving tomorrow, I should say goodbye tonight.”

“Why not in the morning with everyone else? You might be the only cheerful goodbye I get.”

“I want to say goodbye now so that I won’t have to talk to you in the morning in front of my parents.”

“I still don’t get it but okay… Goodbye.” I rolled over to sleep but he still wasn’t done.

“Come on. Please, just listen.”

“Fine… I’m all ears.”

“Remember how you told me to join to join the army? Well, I just thought it was funny because, instead, you ended up joining.”

“It’s more like an act of desperation.”

“For what?”

“Money.”

“Why would we need money when we have faith? God will provide.”

My teeth cringed and my hands balled up, “Unfortunately, life doesn’t work that way. Money helps us live, buy food, and have a roof over our heads. I’m doing this for my family.”

“We don’t need food or shelter. We have God. If we die, we will go to Him and never hunger or thirst.”

My anger grew. “Is this all you want to tell me?”

“Not really… Fight for God and freedom. Be a soldier of God… Good luck out there. I hate to admit it but you are braver than me… Goodbye.” He walked away without a hug or a wave. I stared at the vacant seat across from the couch. Be a soldier of God? I contemplated the thought before I fell asleep again.



© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Hope youre liking this!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on July 26, 2011
Last Updated on July 26, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.