The Beginning

The Beginning

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     I was walking around town and enjoying a day off of work. I guess I was having too good of a time because my whole world changed around me that day. When I was walking to a cross walk I spotted an old hourglass rolling slowly down the street. A car was speeding toward it and I prepared myself to see shattered glass and sand lying everywhere. On the other side of the street, two men were running for the hourglass. Why? Suddenly, the hourglass stopped moving.
     The scene around me changed back to the one I had experience maybe a minute later. The hourglass was rolling down the street again, with the car coming toward it, and the men running for it. Was I the only one that noticed the replay? Once again, the hourglass stopped and I was back a minute earlier. Still, no one seemed to notice. I ran for the hourglass and the men on the other side began to run faster. Right before my finger touched it, I was back on the side of the street. I didn't hesitate this time. I ran as fast as I could, grabbed the hourglass, and braced myself for the car. At the last second, the car stopped just barely touching my leg.
     "Sorry!" I yelled as I ran back the way I came. Now the men were chasing after me. 
     "Hey! That's ours!" They yelled. Part of me was tempted to hand it over to them but another part of me couldn't trust them. I continued to run but then I saw something fly past my head and make a hole in the wall in front of me. Guns?! Was this stupid hourglass really worth dying for? 
     People all around ran away from us. Screams, yells, and police sirens filled the air. I ran into a store and the bullets still came. Silently, I cursed. Why wouldn't I just give up the stupid thing? I knew why... I was scared to confront them when they had a gun. What a coward... Without the slightest hesitation, I ran into the men's bathroom. A man stared at my shaken figure from one of the urinals.
     "Uh... Sorry but I have to lock the door..." I told him but the man still stared at me like I was a freak. I locked the door and locked myself up in one of the stalls. My body shook, my eyes searched around the stall frantically, and questions came to my mind. I couldn't answer any of them. The men were banging on the door and because I heard shots, I suspected that they were shooting. The man that was at the urinal ran into a stall as well. Suddenly, I threw up into the toilet and I heard police on the other side of the door. They knocked down the door and I revealed myself from the bathroom.
     "Are you ok? Were they chasing you?" An officer asked.
     I was afraid of what they might do to me so I lied, "I'm fine but they weren't chasing me. They were chasing the guy in the stall over there. I was just doing my business when suddenly he ran on here and locked the door."
     "Thank you. You can go if you'd like."
     "Thank you so much, officer." I walked stiffly home.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
What do you think? Is this book getting interesting? Trust me, it gets better. Opinions please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice opening

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Going great! Keep on penning!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I would have dropped the hour glass and ran....haha. There is no story in that however, and this is really interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A good first chapter, with interesting plot and word use. I like your character. Hope you write more soon! Else, you know Zhara's going to attack you :P

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

For your very first chapter, I like it! More chapters are awaiting..!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 29, 2011
Last Updated on July 29, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lost Light Lost Light

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Changed Changed

A Story by BrynnaW.


Cloaked Man Cloaked Man

A Chapter by BrynnaW.