Back In Time

Back In Time

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     I had set the hourglass on my table and stared at it from a far as if it was an alien. What was this thing? How did it control time? Did the goons want it for control? Why? I confused myself with several questions that I had no answer to. This hourglass was really going to cost me. It would probably expect me to protect it with my life. But, why should I? Maybe I should just give it to the stupid goons and hope that they won't kill me. Somehow, I couldn't bring myself to do that.
     The hourglass was now in my hand. The swirls and etches made into the wood seemed ancient. Words or languages were marked on the wood... Languages that I never even knew existed. My fingers followed the lines but they never seemed to end. The hourglass slipped out of my fingers and onto the table. It began to roll and right before I could stop it, the world around me changed.
     A farmer to my left made a low growl as he saw me. He marched down the path with a cart load of corn behind him. Beneath my feet were several crops; none of which I could classify. I looked back up at the cart load of corn and I saw the hourglass lying on its side. I ran for the cart but the farmer began to pick up speed.
     "Sir! I'm sorry! Please, that's mine!" I yelled.
     "Git away! Yer a stupid varmint that's what you is! Git out of 'ere!" The old farmer got out a whip but that didn't stop me from coming after him. He swung his whip at my arm. Blood dripped down from the gash.
     "Please! I just want to see that!" I pointed at the corn and the man seemed to understand. I thanked him but as I reached my hand out for the hourglass, the man yelled and swung his whip at me again. Blood was now running down my face but the farmer didn't cease swinging his whip. It came down again on my legs. I couldn't stand it anymore and I was done being nice. I ran at the man and tore the whip from his hand. I chased the man away with the whip, spat at the ground, and took the hourglass.
     "Thanks!" I yelled to the running farmer. The hourglass turned again.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Where will he be next? Hehehe. He has to find the hourglass everywhere he is but if he is lucky it will automatically be in his hands. Sometimes, the hourglass will not allow him to go forward or backwards... He might be stuck in one time. He might skip parts of his life. :) Not as intense... yet. Hope you liked it!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i love it...
but rly what are goons?
further its amazing,
though, you shouldnt put only eagerness to know, also a little amazment, or scared?
if it would happen to you, would you just have like
Wow, what is this object?
its not like, its something you can learn about, without feeling other things
maybe elaborate on that?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow! Great work as always!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't wait to see what dilemma's he gets stuck in. I also agree with Black about showing some of his other feelings. Good luck!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love it...
but rly what are goons?
further its amazing,
though, you shouldnt put only eagerness to know, also a little amazment, or scared?
if it would happen to you, would you just have like
Wow, what is this object?
its not like, its something you can learn about, without feeling other things
maybe elaborate on that?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Must be awful, going from place to place! You capture his feelings well. I loved this. Well done :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2011
Last Updated on August 4, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tumble Tumble

A Story by BrynnaW.


Hoods Hoods

A Story by BrynnaW.