The Woman

The Woman

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     The farm had disappeared. Instead, I was in a room that looked a lot like a hotel room. I looked around the room for the hourglass but before I could find it, a woman came up to me from behind. There was no way that this was my past because I couldn't remember it. My mouth dropped open. I was in the future. The woman turned me around and kissed me on the lips. She was wearing a robe but I guessed that she wasn't wearing much underneath. Her cold hands ran up my shirt as she whispered my name.
     "Jason... I love you." She looked hard into my eyes and I knew that I had to say something.
     "I love you too." I didn't say her name... I didn't know it. My shirt was pulled off and then I spotted the hourglass. It sat right next to a lamp on the bedside table. The woman wouldn't let me go to it. Her grasp was tightly around my waist as she kissed me repeatedly. How was this woman? 
    She reached down toward her robe ties but I didn't want to see anything. I may be a man but I needed to figure everything out from the beginning. Before she could pull the string, I shoved her onto the bed. I hovered over her body for a second while reaching out for the hourglass but suddenly, the woman pulled me down. My hand knocked the hourglass to the ground where it rolled. I pleaded in my mind that it would stop. It got caught on a shoe and I cheered the scene began to disappear around me. There was only one problem... I was missing my shirt.
     When I opened my eyes, I saw that the ground was covered in snow. The hourglass was being hugged closely to my chest and there was a woman walking alongside me. As tempted as I was to spin the hourglass again, I couldn't. I needed to know who this woman was and how we met. Suddenly, she looked at me with curious eyes and she laughed.
     "Jason, what happened to your shirt?" She smiled.
     "What? Oh, I-I don't remember your name?" I avoided the question. The woman seemed to be taken aback.
     "You don't remember my name? We've been together for a month now and you don't remember? Are you feeling okay?"
     "Just a little drowsy. Please, tell me it again."
     "It's Rosanna but you always call me your Rose."
     "Ah, yes... Now I remember." I said even though I didn't. She looked at my shivering chest and the weird part was, she put her coat around me. Usually, I would do that because only guys did that.
     "You looked really cold," She said, "What's with the hourglass?"
     "Oh... I found it a while ago. So far, it has completely changed my life." I answered.
     "Really? How? It's just an hourglass." Her kind eyes stared into mine but then I heard gun shots coming from behind. The men that had chased me at the very beginning were chasing me now only this time I had a woman with me. Her eyes were filled with fear as we ran.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
This was an awkward chapter for me to write in first person... Anyway, I really hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as the entire book! Opinions are appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You did a great job with the first person. Keep on penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yeah, I realized that this was 1st person when your normally write in 3rd person, I used to write in 1st person and I still do, but not AS much. Good! Especially, when you don't usaully write in the same format.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the excitement and the places he goes to, even though it sounds horrible not being able to stay in one place. Well done, liked this very much.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How was this woman?- Who?
The beginning was awkward, but I've read way worse, haha. The excitement never stops, looking forward to more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2011
Last Updated on August 4, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tumble Tumble

A Story by BrynnaW.


Hoods Hoods

A Story by BrynnaW.


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Blessed_Angel