Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

The car rode on several roads I had not seen for years if I had ever seen them. The wet gravel road was tarred and cracked. Tall trees with thick, bare branches loomed high over the road. Signs worn, gray, and barely hanging by one screw were illegible. The entire road was deserted besides the three truck-like jeeps that were driving us. Street lights flickered on and off and trash was blowing all over the road. There were no yellow or white lines but the jeeps managed to stay in a straight line on the right side of the road as if there was.

            I was so bored that I found myself wishing that someone would attack us. No one ever did which was a good thing. By noon, we were still driving. Our stomachs were empty and growling like thunder. I had a couple granola bars in my pack but if I tried to eat one, I knew that the other men would want one too. Thinking about the bars made my stomach growl even more ferociously. I looked out the window and saw that other jeeps, with their country sicker on them, were meeting up with us. Great Britain, Canada, Russia, and other I couldn’t recognize. I wondered why they were all in the U.S. because, as far as I knew, they have army camps in every country. Maybe, the camps were full for that week… I don’t know. I looked out the window and wondered if any of them were looking out theirs at me. Tinted windows… My heart sank. We drove with the jeeps following for several more hours. Either the camp was in Indiana or Montana but maybe we were going south to Oregon. I had no idea which direction we were headed.

            The driver finally took a left turn and we saw that up ahead was a camp. There was high, barbed wire fences, small movable living spaces, and a large building in the middle. The entire camp was surrounded by tall trees to hide it away from others. Our jeep came to a stop and so did the ones behind us. We got out and waited patiently for orders. Once again, the man in charge just motioned us inside the camp. The people in the camp glared at us with no smiles; just frowning. The man in charge showed us into the larger building. He actually spoke and said that this was where we were to eat unless noted otherwise. Then, he left us to get some food and eat.



© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Another chapter that I hope you liked!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on August 6, 2011
Last Updated on August 6, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.