Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

My group and I ran the course a second time before our commander finally blew his whistle.

            “Atten-TION! You guys could have done better but, still, you did OK. Now, you might have noticed that I didn’t bring the straps that connect on your guns. That was because some guns don’t always allow straps and sometimes, you won’t get the chance to grab one. After lunch, I want you guys to come back here and do this until dinner. After dinner, hit the gym. It’s smaller than the Cafeteria but bigger than your room. Tomorrow, you will be doing target practice at the very front of the camp. Do you understand?” He explained.

            “Sir, yes, sir!” We yelled in unison.

            “Good. Dismissed!”

            My group trudged its way back into camp to get lunch in the Cafeteria. Aiden, Evie, Harriett, and I didn’t talk because we were too busy eating. Our stomach’s growled even as we put food into them. The food was just not very satisfying for us or our stomachs. I switched to fruit because I didn’t believe that they could do anything to it. It worked a little bit but I still wasn’t receiving the foods I needed. A horn blew and I was forced to leave despite my hunger.

            We ran the course again but we didn’t time it. As the day went on, wind started kicking up. I was running the course when the strong wind stopped me dead in my tracks. I had to walk against the wind and the dirt was kicked up into my eyes. There was so much dirt flying around that I couldn’t see my group or the course in front of me. Someone called my name. They didn’t say my whole first name which meant that it had to be Aiden, Harriett, or Evie. I called back but what I had said was being pulled away by the wind.

They called my name again but I couldn’t tell who it was. I slowly walked to where I thought the voice was but when I got there, the voice had moved somewhere else. The wind swept me off my feet and face flat onto the ground. Someone’s foot kicked me as they walked. I stood up with some difficulty and answered the person. He or she hugged me tightly and I noticed that the chest felt flat. I looked up but I couldn’t see the face no matter how close we were. I tried to pull myself away and look up but the arms held me even tighter and away from the wind.


© 2012 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
I'm still making corrections to this book but I still decided to post it. More coming soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on August 23, 2011
Last Updated on April 13, 2012


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.