Chapter 32

Chapter 32

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

                “Get going, soldiers! Let’s move!” the captain yelled as he ran down the line of tents. My head had turned into a dull throb as I got out of the tent and stretched. Aiden grabbed me from behind which caused me to jump away in surprise. He laughed. Once Evie and Harriett gout out of the tent, we walked to get breakfast or, more accurately called, grub. The same disgusting food we had eaten back at base. All through breakfast we were rushed because of the war.

                The war… A scary thought. I still couldn’t believe that I was actually there fighting. Again I was in the back of a jeep on my way to run and gun. One shot… I reminded myself, One shot is all it takes to kill you or your friends. Oh how I wished for them not to die. I felt like they were the only ones in this with me besides my brother. And Aiden… I never should have let you hold me because, now, if you die, I would too.

                           ˚                            ˚                          ˚

                Dust, a lot of it. It covered my face and dried my thirsty mouth. From crouched behind a broken brick wall, I took a slow, lasting drink from my canteen. My lips cracked from the dry weather and blood slowly rose to the surface. I leaned over a low portion of the wall; the stock of my gun rested against my shoulder. It was impossible to see any of the Disbelievers through the sand. A heavier gust of wind slammed me against the side of the wall. How was I supposed to fight in that weather? The day bore down hard; the sun burned my face all through the afternoon and I still hadn’t shot one bullet from my gun.

                My thoughts wandered. Aiden… Evie… Harriett… Were they okay? Were they… dead? An explosion to my right caused my gun to immediately search for a victim. Through the slits of my eyes, I saw the figure of a man lying on the ground. I approached him, my gun aimed directly at where his heart would be. The man wore our uniform and I kneeled next to him with his hand in mine. His life slowly faded from his eyes. Me eyes darted around in search of the killer. A tear fell upon the dead man’s hand. Lord, please, this man died with faith. Take him into your arms, please.

                Sand dried my tears, leaving mud in their place. I took my stand before the vast world before me. My heart turned cold. This man believed in something worth dying for, I would not let him die in vain. I charged through the wind and gunned anything that posed as a threat to me. Though I was not aware, my screams filled the air and sparked the sudden involvement of war. More muddy tears streaked my cheeks. I stopped, listening for movements until, suddenly, I was grabbed from behind.



© 2012 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Will edit later.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on April 28, 2012
Last Updated on April 28, 2012


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.