The Adventures Of The Haphazard B*****d

The Adventures Of The Haphazard B*****d

A Story by Bryony Burns
"

Coming from the dentist's office, he once told and African albino to stop being a wigger. Kenwood get's into serious trouble, even when he's trying to be nice.

"

NEW AND RUINED 


Heavy rain comes down in slates and the four people in her brand new emerald green Audi are swaying from side to side, safe and sound and warm. The driver, she was the kind of person that would make others stand in line for her, just because she had to be best and first in everything. It made her a terrifying friend, so no one dared to object as she ushered all out of the car to give it a once over with that special wax she’d bought. She’d be damned if it wasn’t shiny for her sisters wedding.
All four of them, standing in cold shock of the freezing wind that blows through the open space of the freeway shelter, are huddled together while she deals out bits of rag with green goo on them. “On you get; the faster you’re done, the sooner we can go.” Kenwood, best man and friend to the bride, accepts the bit of cloth in his skintight leather gloves and moves to polish her fantastic ride. Cars rush by through the deep puddles lying on the road. Then the devastating sound of something hard scratching into her perfect veneer pops the complicit silence like a daydream being burst. All eyes are on him as he slowly turns his palm upward. “Look, I’m really sorry” he tries to explain to her after she’s done vomiting behind a bush “But I was only trying the diamond on and it got stuck.”


© 2011 Bryony Burns


Author's Note

Bryony Burns
Please just tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Kept me in suspense,
I enjoyed the detail and imagery.
Keep writing and welcome to the cafe.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 2, 2011
Last Updated on August 2, 2011

Author

Bryony Burns
Bryony Burns

The Hague , South Holland, Netherlands



About
You can find all the information you need to know about me at www.bryonyburns.com. I am looking for international writers networks, to share experiences with. I will post pieces and articles that I .. more..

Writing