The Heart In Three Parts

The Heart In Three Parts

A Poem by Bryony Burns
"

A poem about the heart & its ways. As the title suggests it's in three parts. I'll publish a different verse each day from now on. So three days of a little poetry from the heart.

"
I. The Heart Speaks

Words are sounds
Their meaning resonates soul bound
Manifest in the mouth I'd kiss you a thousand times
And would kiss you a thousand more
Just to catch the meaning
Run after it, childlike,
Until the sound escaping from my lips
Is the word I know to name you

© 2011 Bryony Burns


Author's Note

Bryony Burns
Please let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I see you enjoy minimal words. :P You are also quite talented at it. I find the way it rolls out is very seductive. like a lace sheet laying in front of me. The only thing I stumble on is line two, this is more of a question than a critique, should meaning be meanings? I really enjoyed the excellent use of limited words. The last two lines really did finish it for me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The mystery and elusiveness of love is captured rather enigmatically in this piece. In fact, an enigma is exactly appropriate: such a nebulous, shape-changing and spiritual element can only truly be alluded to in such a manner. Incidentally, it is quite telling that the subjects of the heart and that of love are so infinitely inseparable... I think perhaps we talk of the heart as mutual to love because the latter has no real organic body - and feelings are ultimately intangible.
An endless topic of discussion. Intelligently and insightfully done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"Their meaning resonates soul bound"

Don't they ever. They resonates throughout the heart and mind.

Words are magical things, and, because they are filled with such magic, I never tire of trying to find meaning in them.

Beautiful little piece of poetry you've penned. Now, I'm off to read the next part.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 3, 2011
Last Updated on August 3, 2011
Tags: love, poetry, metahpyshical, divine

Author

Bryony Burns
Bryony Burns

The Hague , South Holland, Netherlands



About
You can find all the information you need to know about me at www.bryonyburns.com. I am looking for international writers networks, to share experiences with. I will post pieces and articles that I .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..