"Neoblast x" - Chapter 4: The Mayor of Geartro

"Neoblast x" - Chapter 4: The Mayor of Geartro

A Chapter by Jason Bubbleo
"

Neoblast X meets the local mayor, after stopping the prince's invasion.

"
Meanwhile, on planet Kanukia, the prince runs into the Kanukian palace and confronts the King, crying like a little baby as he whinges "Daddy! Daddy! The mean robots beat up my soldiers and won't play nicely! They have a new toy, they call him Neoblast X! He disabled ALL my men in a microsecond". The King, proudly sat on his throne, is a beefy man in purple armor, he sighs and groans then commands "Men, I tire of my pathetic son's cries. Off with his head", the prince cries even louder and screams "Daddy! You can't do this! No!", the prince is dragged off by some soldiers as the king sits with a stoic face. The king then calmly rests his chin on his fist and bellows "This Neoblast guy, find out if he's real. If he is, kill him", a dozen soldiers exit the palace in a single line. 
Back on Mechan, the city of Geartro is throwing a parade for Neoblast X, who is watching from the crowd with Larka and Tren. The parade consists of marching drummers, flying confetti, colourful dancers and pretty floats. As the parade comes to a close, the mayor steps onto a stand and announces "Our city is now safe, with thanks to the majestic robot named Neoblast X!", the townspeople cheer again, the mayor taps the microphone and calls Neoblast X to the stage. Neoblast X stands at the podium and scratches his head, he says "Thankyou, I am uncertain about who I am or where I came from but I feel a desire for justice running through my wires. If I can give you all a sense of comfort and security, then I am happy". 
Later in the evening, the mayor and Neoblast X have time alone in the mayor's office. The mayor lights a cigar and says "Neo, my man, my buddy! You are truly a savior. Now, I have a request to make", Neoblast X is puzzled but continues listening as the mayor explains "You have the ability to regenerate, which is perfect and makes you a fine warrior. However, we want to inspect you and see what else you're capable of. Can we give a rummage around your circuits chap?" Neoblast X thinks briefly then nods and replies "If it will help you, then yes, you can". 
So, a group of scientists begin taking a look at Neoblast X's insides, they observe his little details and inspect his machinery. One scientist remarks "It appears that his regeneration fuses are limited to 75%. Which means that he can only regenerate two or three times a day." The mayor, who is watching from the corner, comments by saying "That might cause problems..."


© 2014 Jason Bubbleo


Author's Note

Jason Bubbleo
Any thoughts or opinions are encouraged

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on July 22, 2014
Last Updated on August 5, 2014
Tags: Inspection, Scientists, Science, Mayor, Parade, Office, Podium, Wires, Machine, Robot, City