"Neoblast x" - Chapter 6: Park

"Neoblast x" - Chapter 6: Park

A Chapter by Jason Bubbleo
"

Scientists have bad news for the mayor while Tren, Larko and Neoblast X hang out at the park.

"
Hours later, the Kanukian soldiers return to the palace, led by a very scared commander. The king asks his men "So is this Neo guy real?", the commander replies "Yes your majesty, as real as the crown on your head. He can regenerate himself but only now and again. He's also incredibly strong and fast." and the king questions "Did you kill him?" but the commander shakes his head. The king pulls a stern aggressive face and bellows "Off with the commander's head". The commander is dragged off, kicking and screaming and the Kanukian soldiers watch in fear. The king announces "This new foe maybe tough and speedy, he might be able to rebuild his own limbs or whatever but he doesn't scare me. I want to occupy every inch of Mechan and that includes the city of Geartro. We must think about our next move carefully" and he strokes his beard as he sinks into deep thought. 
Meanwhile, back on earth, Neoblast X, Larka and Tren are hanging out at a park, they each sit on a swing and talk to one another. Tren asks Neoblast X "So Neo, you don't know who you are or where you came from?" Neoblast X replies "No I do not but it does not bother me. For I have you guys as my friends and a responsibility to live, as this city's protector. Should it bother me" and Larka responds by saying "If it doesn't bother you then it doesn't bother you. Even I'm unsure who I am, maybe it's too early to question my identity? I don't know". 
Down the block, at the mayor's office, the mayor is talking to his staff of scientists, he asks them "So, I need an answer... can you guys push Neoblast X's regeneration level to a full 100%? It would really help." and one scientist explains "That would be impossible, the machine's creator didn't finish completing the building process. So technically his regeneration meter can only reach 75%, he can't go any higher than this level. This means that he only has enough energy, space and ability to regenerate a few times a day. Then, overnight, he gains enough power to regenerate again. I'm afraid he's stuck like this Mayor". 
Neoblast X, Larka and Tren begin throwing rocks at a pond. Larka asks Tren "I heard that the school is almost finished being restored. Why don't you come back when it's opens up again?" but Tren snaps "No!" and Larka looks at him sternly, she says "What are you going to do with your life then? Sit around drinking oil?". Tren shakes his head and explains "Maybe you're right, there's no alternative... I don't want to be a bum. I'll.... consider returning", this brings a smile to Larka's face, she holds his hand and says "Don't worry, I'll be there with you all the way, I'll watch your temper". Tren blushes, his heart races as he realises that his crush is holding his hand, she then notices what she's doing and abruptly lets go then apologises. 


© 2014 Jason Bubbleo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
Added on July 22, 2014
Last Updated on August 5, 2014
Tags: King, Pond, Park, Head, Execution, Crown, Hand, School, Rocks, Swings, Stuck, Limited, Oil, Blush, Crush, Hold