"Cuckoo" - Chapter 6: Dungeon

"Cuckoo" - Chapter 6: Dungeon

A Chapter by Jason Bubbleo
"

The empress confronts Klein in his prison cell.

"
A few hours later, the empress visits Klein's prison cell and whispers "Man from the woods, do your words speak truth? Am I your sibling?" Klein replies "You are Mercia, daughter of Abraham and Vermulda.... Sister of Klein. We spent our childhood together until the emperor killed our parents. The truth is subjective your majesty but I can't deny how true these facts are" the empress strokes her chin then responds by saying "Indeed the truth is subjective and I find it hard to believe a man like you, someone who has lived with the trees for most of his life and is perhaps as crazy as a cuckoo bird" 
Klein gets up from the damp floor of his cell and goes up to the door, he boldy replies "My repressed life may have warped me slightly but seeing you gave me the strength and confidence to express myself... to tell the truth. It appears that Tartan has brainwashed you into believing that what he did to your parents never happened. He took you as a child and raised you into becoming his eternal wife" Mercia's heart races, she says "Why would my husband do something so wrong? Something so vile, immoral and cruel?" Klein laughs and replies "Remember, this is the same man who killed some innocent peasants to punish one fool" 
Mercia's thoughts dart about, she tells Klein "Until evidence is found, your accusations will remain hazy to me. However, I certainly believe in the confidence of your words. What is your name man from woods?" Klein replies "My name is Klein" Mercia leaves the dungeon and heads upstairs, she goes up to the door of the throne room and hears her husband whispering to someone, Tartan sharply mumbles "She cannot find out the truth, I will not lose her! bring me the staff of Zulam and I will make her forget today." Mercia stumbles back, she gasps and starts panicking, memories rush back to her senses as she frantically adjusts her world's view. 


© 2014 Jason Bubbleo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on December 12, 2014
Last Updated on December 12, 2014
Tags: Dungeon, Prison, Staff, Magic, Cell, Truth, Conversation, Brainwash