"Cuckoo" - Chapter 7: The Escape

"Cuckoo" - Chapter 7: The Escape

A Chapter by Jason Bubbleo
"

The empress helps Klein escape from the dungeon after learning the truth.

"
Mercia runs from the door of the throne room, down the twisting hallways of the palace and into the foul smelling pits of the dungeon. The prison guard sleeps, Mercia carefully grabs the keys and sneaks down the dungeon to Klein's cell and frees him, she embraces him lovingly and affectionately whispers "You are my brother" but as they hug, the prison guard wakes up and the siblings run up the exit stairs of the prison. 
Mercia and Klein run through the hallways, passing beautiful paintings and tapestry along the way. They stop, open a door and hide in the room as the prison guard runs ahead of them. Luckily, they picked a room containing a variety of royal weapons including cannons, swords, daggers, axes, spears, crossbows and much more. Klein grabs a Claymore blade and a shield while Mercia picks up a crossbow and dagger. Klein peeks out of the door and sees no one there, they both sneak cautiously out of the weapons room. They safely turn a corner, Mercia spots the guard frantically look about and aims her crossbow at him, fires but misses by an inch. The prison guard jolts forward and instinctively grabs his sword, he slowly walks towards the siblings. 
Mercia aims her crossbow at the guard again, fires and successfully hits him in the chest. The prison guard collapses to the floor, both siblings hop over the corpse and run down the hallway with extreme pace. They reach the throne room and nervously open it's heavy doors to reveal Emperor Tartan sitting elegantly upon his throne, holding a golden staff. Tartan stands up as he sees his wife and Klein walking towards him armed with weapons. He realises that the empress has found out the truth, clicks swiftly and a horde of armored guards armed with swords burst into the throne room. Tartan laughs and wickedly says "Poor pathetic wild man, these aren't the woods.... this is the real world, where the weak spill blood and the foolish crumble like dust"


© 2014 Jason Bubbleo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on December 12, 2014
Last Updated on December 13, 2014
Tags: Dungeon, Guard, Sword, Weapons, Emperor, Empress, Palace, Crossbow, Dagger, Armour