Crisp Leaves

Crisp Leaves

A Chapter by Lily
"

This is a fun poem!

"

The fall leaves tickle my feet, and make them cold. I run swiftly threw the brown and yellow grass into my house. Hot cocoa is cooling on the counter. Mom fills my cup with huge marshmellows. While I sit down, She is singing a song. It warms me when she sings. When I finish my cocoa, I walk quietly outside. The crunchey leaves break beneath my toes. It starts to get very cold, so I get my sweater. My tree house is full of leaves the wind blew in. Bagging the leaves, I head for the swing. As the wind blows threw my face, I get even colder. A dog is whimpering at the fence. I jog over with a stick to play fetch. Instead, I let him in the yard. We play and jump all around. Sleepy now I go to my room to take a nap. Later... My mom wakes me up. "Honey, it's time to eat." Outside it starts to snow. The snow flutters down leaving a warm feeling in my heart!



© 2011 Lily


Author's Note

Lily
This is a Non-Fiction/Fiction poem

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
such innocence and gentleness of heart warms places forgotten. truly. simple expressions of love as huge marshmallows in a cup of hot cocoa [a fave], observance of the behavior of autumn leaves on bare feet, the joy of meeting a four-legged companion on the level of romping fun ...... you captured it all in loving whimsy and unpretentious pleasure, framed with the fluttering of uncompromising beauty.

you are blessed with the heart of a poet, dear lily. ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


A nice moment. The image painted well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 7, 2011
Last Updated on November 7, 2011


Author

Lily
Lily

UT



About
About Me Signs LoveMyProfile.com more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lily