Fallible Man

Fallible Man

A Poem by William B. Burkholder
"

How many relationships have come and gone based on this mirage of faith in another?

"

I am not to be emulated nor looked up to.
My journeys have been ragged and lonely.
No, do not emulate me I would not wish that on even my worst enemy.

Who am I to be looked up to? No one really, just another soul, another man with angers and ignorance’s; lacking at times, the foresight and wisdom to realize my errors.
No, do not look up to me.

Faith is good, but few deserve it, few have earned it in its purest forms.
To have faith one must give their all in trust to another.
I am just a man; do not put your faith in me.

There are those who will gravitate to these things, insecure in themselves.
Emulate that which is true, those things that mean something. Emulate the kindness and Grace of God, and in that Man has no place, save for attempts to reach God’s perfections.

Look up to those things that will make you whole, in body and spirit. I doubt even the physician in being a proper choice. Lookup to that, which is correct for you, be willing to change that perception just as your awareness changes; so should your loyalties.

Faith is the ultimate exercise in trust. Who is it that you ultimately place your full trust in? Answer for yourselves and then, reassess. How many relationships have come and gone based on this mirage of faith in another? Find your faith in the truth of all things, the simplest of these things being that “Man is Fallible.”

 

© 2008 William B. Burkholder


Author's Note

William B. Burkholder
These are my truths, as I see and feel them

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I see your points. But I believe we go through a relationship, not really thinking about the next one to come into play...but in hopes that the one we have now will last so another one won't have to come about! The second from last "stanza" was particularly my favorite...once again you made me think and it was a fantastic piece!
Janice!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

William,

here I am again once more using Writer's Cafe. I'd forgotten about it until my friend Jack reminded me I was a member here.

I love the honesty I get from this. For whatever reason someone looks up to us, the attitude of maintaining a humble approach to it, will keep us grounded. Beautiful words

Posted 10 Years Ago


I see your points. But I believe we go through a relationship, not really thinking about the next one to come into play...but in hopes that the one we have now will last so another one won't have to come about! The second from last "stanza" was particularly my favorite...once again you made me think and it was a fantastic piece!
Janice!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah, a very heartfelt write and read. It seems to me you could have more faith in yourself however your words hold true in that one must be careful where they place their faith. Wise words. This is a bit melancholic to me but a joy to read at the same time. Your honesty is forthright and righteous. Thank you for sharing your talent.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2008

Author

William B. Burkholder
William B. Burkholder

Detroit, MI



About
I am a poet and writer living in Detroit Michigan. I have published my first book of poetry titled, "The Writer's Sight" ISBN 1424185718. I Love to write and share my experiences with other like mind.. more..

Writing