Chapter 3-A Billion Projects

Chapter 3-A Billion Projects

A Chapter by ApplesAreAmazing
"

© BurningEmbers(ApplesAreAmazing)2013, All Rights Reserved

"
The next day, I met Tiana and Krystal at the flagpole. Krystal was texting someone and Tiana was reading a book. They looked bored out of their minds, so I decided to make things a little more interesting. I ran behind the bushes and ended up behind the flagpole. Just then, I jumped out at them and yelled,"HIIIIIIIIIIII!!!"
"AAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!" they screamed. I doubled over in a fit of laughter. Soon, my laughs weren't making any noise and it looked like I was having a seizure. They were used to this so they proceeded to tell me that they weren't scared at all, they were just playing along, and all that. I didn't believe them one bit, so I suddenly screamed in their faces again. They fell to the floor in shock.
"You--should--have--seen--your---faces!!" I said, having a "seizure" all over again. They glanced at each other and started laughing uncontrollably. It was only when the warning bell rang we managed to get up and get into homeroom.
"Wow, Eva," Krystal said, "now my stomach hurts!"
"Sorry!" I giggled.
"You guys, the teacher's coming!" Tiana whispered. I turned to face forward.
RIIIIIIIIIING!!
"That was the bell, class," Ms. Plurmington said when everyone kept talking except us, "Turn around and face forward. That's better. Now, we're going to have a class project, where you'll be in groups of three." I turned and faced Tiana and Krystal excitedly. "Yes, you may choose your partners, but I must know that you won't fool around and waste time. Got it? All right, you have three minutes to choose your groups. Come talk to me when you have three people," She walked back to her desk.
"Wanna be in a group together?" Tiana asked Krystal and I.
"Of course!" I said.
"Sure!" Krystal replied. We walked up to Ms. Plurmington's desk.
"Um..so Tiana, Eva, and I want to be in a a group together, Ms. Plurmington," Krystal said.
"Alright," she said, and wrote down our names on a piece of paper, "remember to behave or your privileges will be revoked." We quickly nodded and sat down in our seats again. A few minutes later Ms. Plurmington told us what we had to do.
"The project is that you have to observe other groups in this room. Find out something that you didn't know about them already. You will have to present what you've learned in front of the class in three weeks. I will choose which group will observe the other group." Guess who we got paired up with? Yes, you guessed right. The jock group. The only way I can follow her train of thought is that since our groups are so different, then we'll know things about them right away, but that doesn't make any sense because this project is supposed to take three weeks. Whatever. At least It'll be an easy A.
"You will have to spend three days a week with the other group to get full credit for the project," Ms. Plurmington continued. Wow, she sure likes the number three, I thought to myself, three people in a group, three minutes, three weeks, three days a week, oh too bad this isn't the third day of school, haha.
"Any questions?" she said suddenly. I jerked upright. Thankfully, she ignored me.
"You can start the project today, but I must know the first day you will all meet by Wednesday," she said. Oh, haha, Wednesday is the third day of the week! I giggled to myself. Krystal and Tiana were stifling laughter, too.
"You may begin observing the other group now," she said, "stay on task!"
I turned to Tiana and Krystal.
"Omigod, did you hear all the threes she was saying?" Tiana asked.
"Yeah, it was hilarious," I replied, grinning.
Just then we heard someone from the other group saying, "Well, they sure talk a lot. It should be easy to find something we didn't know about them."
Krystal turned and glared at them and sang,"Mr. Know It All, Well you, you think you know it all, but you don't know a thing at all ain't it, ain't it something y'all."
They burst out laughing and another guy said,"I quote,'Sings at weird times,'" they started laughing again.
"Ugh. Let's just ignore them," I said.
"But we can't," Tiana pointed out, "we have to do this project with them."
"Actually..we don't have to do it with them," Krystal said, "just on them."
"But we have to meet up three times a week," I said.
"Oh yeah...Sighs," Krystal said. We all sighed in unison then burst out laughing.
RIIIIIIIING!!
"See you tomorrow, class," Ms. Plurmington called, "don't forget, I need to know the first day you'll all be meeting by Wednesday!" Yes yes, Ms. Plurmington. Yes, yes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that day, in physics, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around. I didn't think I knew anyone in this class.
"Dude, my bros told me to ask you when your group wants me to meet up with our group because we don't want to talk to you at lunch because that'll ruin our rep," he said. It was that guy I kept bumping into again.
"First of all, I'm not a 'Dude', second, I don't know! I haven't talked to Krystal and Tiana about it yet," I replied curtly.
"Oh okay. Well we have to know by tomorrow because we all need to know if it's okay with the other people," he said. He seemed to be blurting out his words a lot.
"Sure, whatever," I said. I made a mental note to ask Krystal and Tiana when they were available.
It turns out, that guy was really good at physics. He raised his hand a lot and got all the answers right. Soon, the teacher was basically ignoring whenever his hand went up unless nobody else raised their hand.
"We're going to be doing a project where you and your elbow partner have to make up a computer game. The project will be due in four weeks, but I might extend the time limit if you need more time," he said. I glanced over at my elbow partner. WHAT?!?
"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?!?!??!?!" I asked the guy from first period. I had started to think of him as "Bad Timing Guy".
He glanced at me. "What? I've been sitting here for a day. I'm hurt that you chose to ignore me until this moment." I was so frustrated, I let out a hiss of air. All I could think was, "Sighs. Life sucks."


© 2013 ApplesAreAmazing


Author's Note

ApplesAreAmazing
This is dedicated to my sister who made the cover of "Chocolate Ice Cream". Check out her new book on wattpad: http://www.wattpad.com/story/6151122-summer-after-high-school
Don't forget to comment and review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
Added on June 9, 2013
Last Updated on June 9, 2013
Tags: Projects, Krystal, Tiana, Eva, Physics


Author

ApplesAreAmazing
ApplesAreAmazing

CA



About
I've never done anything like this before, but here goes: My name is Eva, and I'm 12 years old. I really love music and I can sing all day, even if people don't like my singing. I don't judge peopl.. more..

Writing