Chapter 13-The Flight to Hawaii

Chapter 13-The Flight to Hawaii

A Chapter by ApplesAreAmazing
"

Dedicated to evolwords on wattpad because she kept reminding me to write this chapter. I hope you like it! =D

"
I woke up to bright sunshine filtering through the curtains. I groaned. What day was it? OH RIGHT! It was the day we would travel to Hawaii! I glanced at my clock. It was only seven, but everyone was coming at eight.
Mom and Dad were in the kitchen making breakfast. There were a bunch of bagels in a bowl and Dad was making pancakes and eggs. I put some waffles in the toaster.
"You told your friends they could eat here, right?" Dad asked. "I'm not doing all of this for nothing?"
"Yeah, don't worry, Dad," I replied, taking the syrup out of the fridge. I had texted them just after I had left school and had gotten a reply from all of them. Just then, Lily came storming down the stairs.
"Why didn't anyone wake me up?" she asked crankily. She must have slept late.
"Because it's not even eight yet, it's seven fifteen," I replied calmly.
"Oh. Okay. Well, wake me up at eight, then," she said, retreating.
"Sure," I said, taking out some plates and forks.
The waffles popped out of the toaster, and I started making a fruit bowl. I opened a few cans of pears, pineapples, and mandarin oranges. I washed peaches and strawberries and dumped them in, too. I made more waffles and dad finished flipping the pancakes. Mom started washing the dishes that we were done using.
I took a plate from the plate stack and started eating a cinnamon raisin bagel. I slapped some peanut butter on it and ate it with milk. I took out a few more cups in case people wanted to drink something. I made a sign that said, "PLEASE WASH YOUR OWN DISHES WHEN YOU'RE DONE EATING. WE DON'T WANT ANTS." By that time, it was seven fifty five so I went to wake up Lily. Surprisingly, she was texting someone.
"Michael?" I asked. She looked up.
"Yeah," she muttered, "I'm getting up."
A few seconds later, the doorbell rang. Lily sighed. That meant it wasn't Michael. I ran down the stairs and yanked the door open. It was Tiana and Krystal. Their parents had decided to carpool so they wouldn't have to keep their car at the airport. I told them to drop their bags by the door. I was just about to close the door when another car drove up the driveway. It was a dark blue truck, so obviously it was Eric's. John hopped out and waved. I waved back and left the door open.
In the kitchen, everyone was devouring the food. "This is really good, Mr. Hall!" Krystal said around a mouthful of food. Everyone nodded in assent. My plate was still on the counter where I left it, so I took two waffle from the toaster and poured syrup on them. Steve and Justin entered first. They took one look at all the food and dug in. Their parents told them to be more polite, but my Dad just chuckled. John and Bryan came in next after putting their bags in the living room. They said that the hallway was getting a bit crowded. By then, everyone had arrived and I had finished my waffles, but I noticed someone was missing.  Hmm...where was Eric? I quickly washed my plate and walked outside. Just as someone came running out of the bushes.
"AAAAAAH!!!!" I screamed. The figure abruptly halted. "Eric? What are you doing here?" I asked after I had gotten over my shock.
"Well, I was getting the last bag out of the truck, when I saw Pumpkin. She darted out and grabbed the bag. It had food in it, so I guess she could smell it," he explained, red-faced. "I'm ashamed to say that I couldn't get it back." I laughed and told him we had plenty of food inside. Just as I was going to go back inside the house, Eric stopped me. "Can we talk for a few minutes?" he asked nervously. I glanced back, suddenly nervous from his tone.
"Umm..okay. But can we talk on the plane or something? We have to leave soon and you haven't eaten yet," I said, quickly making an excuse. He looked startled, as if he hadn't realized that. He nodded and followed me in the house.
Twenty minutes later, we were deciding who went in whose cars and making sure we had everyone's luggage. My Dad's car was bringing Mom, Me, Lily, Krystal, and Tiana. Eric's car was bringing John, Steve, Justin, and Michael. Their parents were taking one car, since only one of each of their parents was coming. We finally made it to the airport with three hours to spare. We got through customs with two hours left. I had packed a few books, so I started reading. The hours passed by in a blink of an eye. We got in line to board the plane, and in a few minutes, we were on. Eric, Steve, and Justin were sitting in front of me, Tiana, and Krystal. Lily, Michael, and John were sitting behind us. Bryan was with his Dad and Mom. He was the only one who's parents were both coming, but I didn't mind. You could get pretty homesick if you didn't have your family with you. Our parents were sitting across the aisle. I dozed off after an hour or so because I had woken up early, but I woke up again, soon. I couldn't sleep on planes. Krystal and Tiana were talking to each other about what they were planning to do when they got to Hawaii and where they were going to go.
Eric turned around. "Wanna play chopsticks?" he said like a little kid. I sighed and held out two fingers. I wasn't in the mood to read right after I slept. I kept winning, but he wouldn't give up. It seemed as if he had a permanent frown on his face. He just didn't understand my tricks. I finally told him how to win every time. He decided to try again, and finally nearly won. In all fairness, I had had years of practice.
We took a break when the flight attendants started passing out drinks. I didn't want to knock anything down and I thought Eric's back must be really sore from turning around that long. Tiana had taken out a magazine and Krystal was reading a book. Tiana started talking about how we were going to go to the beach and get tans. Krystal informed her that she would not be getting a tan, but instead be swimming in the ocean. Tiana argued that Krystal was already too pale, but I said that UV rays could give you skin cancer. Lily was talking to John loudly about the science project she and Michael were doing together.
When we finally got off the plane -- after many more rounds of chopsticks -- It took us an hour to get our luggage. Our parents told us to get the luggage while they rented a few cars. They made sure that we knew where the Car Rent was and then headed off. We finally managed to collect our luggage, and everyone had to hold their parents bags. Everyone had two except for Bryan, who had three, but it seemed he had packed light. Eric only one bag because John had grabbed their dad's bag first. Eric told me that their mom was planning on coming, but she couldn't right away because of work. She'd probably rent a hotel if she came here. I told him that she could probably stay at the same house we were staying in. It was practically a mansion.
When we got to the Car Rent, I could smell the humidity of Hawaii, and I felt like dancing. No matter how many times we came here, it was always so magical. I felt like squealing with joy! Krystal squealed with joy. I had to roll my eyes then, but I grinned. She smiled back.
"This is going to be awesome!" Tiana shouted. We finally found our parents and chose which cars we were going to be in. We decided on doing the same thing we had at home. My Dad was renting a black Sedan, John was borrowing a green Toyota -- which his dad had told him to be careful with when handing over the keys -- and Krystal's mom was taking a silver Mini Van. Dad made sure that everyone had the directions to the house and told them to follow him.
There was good music in the car, because we knew all the radio stations here. When we finally made it to the house, everyone was buzzing, although Mom was trying to have a calm façade, but it wasn't working out very well. Just before the door opened, I turned to Bryan.
"Are you ready?" I asked. He grinned.
"Ready as I'll ever be."


© 2013 ApplesAreAmazing


Author's Note

ApplesAreAmazing
I know, I know. It's a really short chapter with very little dialogue. This is probably one of my shortest chapters because it's only 1,489 words, but I wanted to finish it for evolwords. Don't forget to rate and review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on June 30, 2013
Last Updated on July 8, 2013
Tags: Hawaii, Trip, Flight, Eva


Author

ApplesAreAmazing
ApplesAreAmazing

CA



About
I've never done anything like this before, but here goes: My name is Eva, and I'm 12 years old. I really love music and I can sing all day, even if people don't like my singing. I don't judge peopl.. more..

Writing